Anyone here planning NOT to vaccinate?

At the very least we will be selectively vaxing. I'm seriously thinking about going NO VAX though. For many of the same reasons that you said.

Noah has had all vaccines except swine flu, chicken pocks and he hasnt had his mmr yet either. We are delaying that till 18-24 months. xxx

I am so glad I've found this post! It makes me feel so much more confident in my decision not to vaccinate. I wasn't vaccinated at all and I've turned out just fine, therefore Sienna won't be vaccinated. I'm going to be doing preventative homeopathy which is (from what I've read) about 90% effective at protecting our bubs from the diseases that they're being vaccinated for but without any of the chemical additives and risks.
Sure, it's not 100% but personally I think some of the smaller viruses toughen up the immune system. Not saying that I would ever want my baby to get sick but I know from personal experience that I have a great immune system from getting sick here and there. I've had the measles, chickenpox, flu and I'm just fine. I think it's having faith in your decision as a mother. I don't look down on mothers that have vaccinated, it's their personal choice. I just wish it went both ways more often, but hopefully one day it will be more widely accepted without being referred to as a hippy :flower:

In some countries do you get vaccines for chickenpox and flu?? That's just crazy!

In some countries do you get vaccines for chickenpox and flu?? That's just crazy!

Yes, and INFANTS get vaccinated for Hepatitis B, which is spread through sex and dirty needles!! Its absolutely ridiculous because obviously babies are not at risk of Hep B at all!

I refuse chicken pox and flu at the VERY least. As they come up I plan on researching them before I even consider it. I have a feeling my ped is going to hate me. lol I hope I can find a good one!

Yep here in the US kids are "required" 2 doses of chicken pox vaccine to attend school. Flu isn't required but it is recommended big time for kids over 6mo of age. We don't do either but it's ALL over the TV starting now until summer to get it done

Wow, I have never ever heard of that before and don't think it's on offer here. Even with Swine Flu my paed said not to. Personally I believe those are the kind of illnesses that children should be getting! We do vaccinate, but only those I believe could have a serious effect on my children and society.

Wow, I have never ever heard of that before and don't think it's on offer here. Even with Swine Flu my paed said not to. Personally I believe those are the kind of illnesses that children should be getting! We do vaccinate, but only those I believe could have a serious effect on my children and society.

That's the same as us, I would never have considered chicken pox or normal flue vaccines. I wavered over swine flu but she didn't have it in the end. It's interesting to see the varying advice in different countries.

I left swine flu, and wouldn't do other flu vaccines, but major diseases like TB I will because of the impact on society. If everybody chose not to vaccinate I would worry that these diseases would make a serious comeback, as the numbers of cases in the UK is already increasing at an alarming rate.
But, its up to each parent to decide what you feel is the best thing for your child.

I left swine flu, and wouldn't do other flu vaccines, but major diseases like TB I will because of the impact on society. If everybody chose not to vaccinate I would worry that these diseases would make a serious comeback, as the numbers of cases in the UK is already increasing at an alarming rate.
But, its up to each parent to decide what you feel is the best thing for your child.

WSS. As a teacher I have seen a big rise in these illnesses and when I was pg it scared me a lot that there were cases of measles etc about. Yes, kids do often recover well (I had german measles as a kid) but measles is particularly dangerous and later in life it is dangerous to pregnant women and their unborn children. I feel a social responsibility as well as one to my daughter.

However, I understand that injecting your child out of a sense of duty to society seems odd and I understand that some people choose not to for their own reasons. These are just my reasons.

I will be taking all vaccinations except possibly swine flu as I just can't find enough information on it.

This is something I feel very strongly about - my OH has not been vaccinated and has been seriously ill twice now - I posted about this a while back in another thread -https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/380615-update-me-scan-today-mmr-jab-smoking-5.html#post6312201

"Hey hun
I haven't read the replies but I just want to add my own experience of MMR as I know many people consider them minor illnesses and don't want to get the vaccines. Millions and millions of pounds wouldn't have been spent on researching these if there was not a good reason i.e hundreds of babies and childrens lives at risk.

My OH didn't get his MMR as his mum doesn't agree. He was lucky as he didn't catch anything in his childhood.

He caught a strain of measles when he was in his late teens that was going around and he ended up very seriously ill in hospital. He still remembers the lumbar puncture as the most excruitiating pain in his life and he also developed meningitis as a secondary infection. He was off work and in pain for a long time and was very very lucky not to suffer permanent damage such as blindness or brain damage as a result. Had he had the jab the infection would have been minor and would not have led to meningitis either!

Anyway, fast forward 8years. Just after I fell pg but before we got our positive pregnancy test he caught mumps from a guy at work who also hadn't been vaccinated. The guy at work was ill for 3weeks ish but back to fitness pretty quickly. My OH didn't end up in hospital but he was very very ill for weeks and the infection spread to his testicles and caused serious swelling and pain. We had already been trying for a baby and he was so frightened to tell me because he knew it can affect fertility. DRs have advised him it is likely his sperm count has been permanently damaged (although it's unlikely he'll be totally sterile) and it would have been EXTREMELY dangerous for me to have caught mumps off him in the 1st trimester. Thankfully I have been vaccinated.

I know this might seem a bit OTT as my OH has been a bit unlucky catching the two of them but I just wanted to point out that it's not a case of just skipping the vaccines, getting a minor dose of the illness and then becoming immune. Babies and children can and do die from these diseases. Ultimately it is parent's choice but I know that if I chose not to vaccinate my baby and they later caught one of these and became permanently disabled or died I would never forgive myself.

xxx"

I'm not sure about flu jabs, but other than that, our little one will be vaccinated.

There is a HUGE increase in diseases like TB and Whooping Cough lately, much of it as a result of poeple not vaxing. I feel that the benefits outweigh the risks, and having seen some of the suffering that goes with TB, I wouldn't wish that on anyone!

The NHS guidance is that babies under one year in high risk areas receive the TB jab - not as a general rule, due to the risk of infection from the BCG in the first place??
I was talking to OH about the BCG last night & we were reading up on it xx

We're in a high risk area in London and Em got his BCG when he was 6 weeks old. No adverse reactions. My great uncle suffered terribly from TB, I almost died of whooping cough when I was 4 years old, needless to say that Em has received all of his jabs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->