anyone hope for a boy? :)

FionaJean

Reaction score
The stereotype is that women want to have a girl, and men want to have a son. Especially for their first child. With the people I know that have had babies, that rang true for them! Just seems so funny that the cliché is mostly true :) But is there anyone out there, especially those that are WTT their first, that hope to have a little boy first? I do!

I don't know completely why, but I always imagine myself having a baby boy first. And whenever I have dreams that I have a baby, it's always a boy! And I have more boy names than girl names on my list. However, I want to very much so have both genders in my family. I would like to have 3 or 4 kids, and I hope that includes at least one son and one daughter. I will be perfectly happy with either, but my hope is a boy first! Anyone other ladies out there not follow the "norm" and hope for a boy first? :D

We're lucky to already have one of each, i was so so desperate for our first to be a boy so I know how you feel. I felt truly blessed for my first born to be a boy. Naturally we then hoped for a girl with our second, and again were very lucky. Now we're going to leave baby 3 as a surprise. I would however really love to have another boy, I'm not sure our little girl would like the limelight taken away and little boys adore their mummies

I wanted a baby girl so badly for my first pregnancy. I was super lucky and we ended up having a girl. For my 2nd I would love a boy! I want to go shopping for boy things lol

I would honestly be thrilled with either!! Hubby would prefer a boy first because he's the last boy and he wants to ensure that the family name be carried on. I feel the same way and I like the idea of the boy being the "protector" of his little sister. On the other hand, I've always seen myself with a "mini me!"

I would like to have a boy first then a girl. If it's not in that order I wouldn't be disappointed. As long as they're healthy.

I had always envisioned myself with a girl first but got a boy....and it is awesome!! He is such a mommas boy and loves to cuddle up with me. Honestly, part of me is hoping for another boy next because of how wonderful my DS is

I would be completely happy with either gender but I too do hope for a boy. I just imagine myself as a mum to a little boy and all the rest of the young children in my family have girls so it would be nice to have a boy for that reason too. I would not be at all upset if I were to have a girl though. X

We have 2 Daughters and a Son. we would like another little boy.

I know exactly how you feel. I'm obsessed with having a boy. Sometimes I even talk to him in my mind. My (future) little man Arthur Douglas <3

I wanted a boy so bad for my first. I got him! :) Now for our second I'm hoping for a boy, but I also kinda want a girl. I would be happy with either. I would have been happy with a girl the for my first too, but I just had it in my head I was having a boy. I knew what I wanted to name him, what I wanted his nursery to be and everything else by the time I was 8 weeks.

Id love a boy:cloud9:

Im lucky enough to have 2 amazing daughters already, with my first pregnancy i really wanted a girl and with my second i wanted a boy, im hoping for my 3rd its a boy! xx

I think id have preference for another girl but I dont REALLY mind. I have 1 boy and 2 girls already x

I have 2 girls (kinda wanted a girl with my first but would have been happy with either, no preference with my second) and would love to experience raising a boy for our third and last baby :) I have a feeling it'll be another girl though which would be awesome too, though I think my oh would need to get a male dog for company lol!!

I have three girls and it would be nice to have a son last! But I wouldn't love another daughter any less :)

I didn't exactly have hope for one over the other, but I had a feeling I was pregnant with a boy, which turns out was not correct and I had a girl! With my second, I had no intuitive feeling about which it could be but I was hoping for a girl simply for easier planning. I already had some girl things from 4 years earlier, my cousin had a toddler girl outgrowing all her stuff... basically I'd be all set with a pink stroller and bunch of clothes - also I had a lot of possible girl names but didn't like any boy names... but I got a boy and couldn't imagine our life without him! It feels perfectly as it should be to have a girl and a boy :)

Before I had kids I had always said I wanted 2 boys or 2 girls or a boy then a girl. Obviously I didn't really care about the gender or order of my kids, the most important thing was that they were healthy.

I have a boy who is a total mamas boy and I think it would be nice to have a girl so she can wrap my husband around her little finger. Hahaha. :laugh2: If we had another boy that would be great too.

I've always pictured my first born as a boy and I've actually always preferred boys over girls (irrational I know) so when I fell pregnant I secretly hoped. I just knew it was going to be a boy though, which I suppose was dangerous as I could have been massively disappointed! Although to be honest, I'd've been happy with either really! We didn't find out and picked names for both sexes but I way preferred my boys' name (and have since gone off the girls') so I guess it was just meant to be!

I think my reasoning stems from always wishing I had an older brother (I have a younger one). Now I'm in a predicament as we only want two children and I can't decide if I'd like another boy to give my LO a brother or a little girl... Part of me would be sad if I never experienced the mother/daughter thing but then part of me would wish I could give my son a brother as my husband and his brother were so close. I guess I'd be happy with either gender second time round!

I was sooo desperate for a boy first too!! Everyone was telling me I should hope for a girl first but I was adamant it would come out blue :D Boys are awesome! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->