Anyone hoping for twins?

Springermommy

Reaction score
We are! We would love twins, a boy and a girl, and then one more 2-3 years later. Hubby is the last male in his family, so we'd really like a boy to carry on the family name! I have always dreamed of having a "mini-me" though and we already have 3 nephews (no girls yet.) We would love twins! Time to look up some old wives tales for conceiving them... lol!

I wish I had unlocked the secret of my last office for you. Everyone had twins there! I think the count was up to 5 or 6 sets last I heard. :haha: They joked that I would end up with twins too, but it skipped me and the two ladies I worked with both got pregnant after me with twins (one set of boys and one set of girls).

I give props to those with multiples. One has been enough to exhaust and keep me busy, I can't imagine multiplying that by one or more at the same time.

Hope you get your wish!

Goodness no. :haha: The one was more than enough work. Though I think there's probably an advantage in having a full-time playmate once they get to toddlerhood.

Argh no, twins would be a real handful from birth to teenage etc

I would LOVE twins! It runs on both sides of my family so im hoping I will be lucky enough to have twins of my own. Probably wont but I can hope! I remember reading you're more likely to have twins the older you are, if it runs in your family, have had more than 4 pregnancies and eat lots of cheese/dairy lol!

I'd really love twins but at the same time I'd be upset I wouldn't be able to have a home birth and might not be able to BF. Plus the thought of a double buggy scares me!

Part of me likes the idea of twins, but I think it would just be too much. We only want one kid until we feel ready to adopt or foster later on. We'd be able to handle one child in terms of cost, but with extra daycare and all those costs that go into a child, I just think it would be a bad idea to try for twins (for us!) . Twins are super cute though. When I was a kid, I wished I was a twin like the 3 sets that were in my grade. I was so jealous :p

My brothers friend who lives across the street from us has twin girls. I've never talked to them because my mom tried to but they never said anything back. Plus, they're only three so probably think we're strangers.

The only twins that I know of in my family are two of my mom's cousins who are fraternal.

I love the idea of twins. But I think it would be a lot of work!

What are the old wives tales for getting twins?

NO WAY! It's hard enough with just one, plus now that I already have kids, I'd worry that I would be so busy with the babies that I wouldn't be able to give the older ones enough attention. Plus the pregnancy is higher risk, and there would be little chance of escaping stretch marks!

Three if my friends have twins, I'd love to have twins. Any know any old wives tales to encourage or increase the chances of a twin pregnancy? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->