Anyone in here from manchester, england?

Pixxie

Mum to 1 little girl
Reaction score
Sorry for intruding! I was just wondering how far gone you was when you had your first scan? Jumping the gun a bit but it would be nice to know when it usually happens and I know everywhere is different! Thanks! xx

I am just outside Manchester but believe my hospital is in 'greater manchester' I will be exactly 12 weeks as per my top ticker but I believe a little further on than this. Was booked for the soonest possible date (due to not being sure how far I am!) when I saw my midwife at 9wk3days.

im from manchester/salford mine is on wednesday i will be 14 weeks 2 days and ive known since i was 4 weeks x x

i'm from Bury and will be going to Bolton Hospital. Saw the Midwife on 1st July at 6.5 ish weeks, and will have first scan on 5th Aug, at 11.5 ish weeks. Expected to wait a lot longer though! I''ve known since 4 weeks! x

I am originally from Manchester, now in Cheshire, going for first scan tomorrow at Macclesfield General- I am not 100% sure of dates but believe I am 13 weeks on Wed going off my LMP, so will see. Am scared to death! Good luck with your first scans everyone x

Hi girlies, im from 2nd Tri but im from Manchester too!

Live in Prestwich (halfway between Bury and Manchester) and i had my first scan at 12 weeks (dated 12wk 3days).

Usually at your first midwife appointment (as soon as you find out your pregnant) they will try and calculate how far along you are according to your LMP and send you off for your scan when you would be 12 weeks. If you dont know your LMP then they ask you a few questions and send you off for one usually within a fortnight for a dating scan.

:)

Small world Claire Louise....................I live in Prestwich too!!

Hello,
I am from outside of Manchester but babies daddy lives in prestwich, Bury New Road (this is where i am at the moment) :lol:
I had my 1st scan last week at Blackburn Royal Hospital, I was unsure how along I was but found out I was 12weeks. Have my next scan at 20weeks in september, cant wait! The 1st scan was so amizing! :happydance:
:hug: xxx

My GP is in Prestwich and midwife is Natalie Crompton... Anyone else have the same? Such a small world!

We live in manchester but only just moved back here after a year of living in cheshire so our 12 week scan was actually when we were still booked at macclesfield. I saw the midwife at 5 weeks and she booked me in for an early scan at 6 weeks 6 days and then we got a letter through for the dating scan which was at 10 weeks and 5 days.

We're now in (south) central manchester so booked under St Mary's (although we're hoping for a homebirth)

Hope that helps!

P.S. Nice to see so many manchester-mums-to-be!

Hi I live just outside Manchester in Littleborough. Had to go for a scan last week as was having some bleeding but luckily so far all OK and they dated me at 9 weeks 2 days which makes me 10 weeks 2 days today! My 12 week scan is on 29th July although I'm convinced I'm further along as I look about 5 months pregnant! There was only one heartbeat on the scan so it's not twins. I'll be attending Rochdale Infirmary and when I was there at the maternity department last week I was really impressed.

Hope all goes well for everyone!

So many people from the same neck of the woods............must be something in the water round here!

I live just off Bury New Road near St Mary's Park but I go to a doctor's in Whitefield (long story).............if all goes well I hope to have my baby at Fairfield Hospital in Bury where I had my daughter.

I just realised I haven't answered the OP's question!

With my daughter I had my booking in appt with midwife around 8 weeks (or so I thought) and my scan was arranged for 12 weeks. I had some bleeding at was brought in for an early two weeks before the 12 week scan was due...............everything was okay but I discovered I was already 14 weeks not 10!!

This time round I am about 8 weeks and I have had two scans already as once again I have had bleeding. Not had booking in appt with midwife as I have not been able to get in touch with her yet...........worried as the receptionist at doc's reckoned she was booked up until end of August which would take me into my second tri.

Until I speak to her I am not sure when or if I will have a 12 week scan.....but I am having another scan anyway at EPU next Monday.

i live bout 20 min from manchester! im having a early scan next week! xx

Thanks girls! very helpful. Hope everything goes well for you all :dust: xx

I am from Rochdale, i am 10 weeks today no scan yet and im away in canada at the moment. I will be going to the infirmary also :)

Hi I live just outside Manchester in Littleborough. Had to go for a scan last week as was having some bleeding but luckily so far all OK and they dated me at 9 weeks 2 days which makes me 10 weeks 2 days today! My 12 week scan is on 29th July although I'm convinced I'm further along as I look about 5 months pregnant! There was only one heartbeat on the scan so it's not twins. I'll be attending Rochdale Infirmary and when I was there at the maternity department last week I was really impressed.

Hope all goes well for everyone!

yay its nice to see all the manchester mummies to be!! i had my first scan at 12+2, but i thought i was about 13 weeks! at my hosp they tend to do it at 13 weeks for some reason! having my next scan tomorrow at 20+6 i think it is!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->