Anyone in the UK had testing after recurrent miscarriages.

Vicky_92

Mum of 1
Reaction score
A bit of a back story I've had sadly three miscarriages last year. At the start of February this year, I went to my local EPC clinic and had blood taken for testing. I really wasn't thinking right then... And it was more my partner pushing for the testing, I paid no attention to what the testing was. And now I've to go on the 1st of April for the results. The midwife that took the blood said that they won't call you if there is nothing wrong, so I'm thinking they have picked something up. Has anyone had any experiences with this? Thank you in advance.

Hi Vicky
So sorry for your losses.
I am going through testing now as I had my third loss in January.
I would say that all is ok if you have not heard anything. Most of the time the bloods do come back clear.
I was given my results the next time I went to the clinic. Are you having any other tests?
I have also had a hysteroscopy and karyotyping on the pregnancy tissue. Still waiting for those results.

Hi I've had testing. I and my partner had tests plus so did the last baby I lost. I got called in but was told all was fine with us but the baby girl we lost had turners. I was also told to have aspirin 75mg during subsequent pregnancies. Since then I have more monitoring during pregnancy and have a beautiful healthy 3 year old girl. I hope you get some hope after your appointment and so sorry for your losses xx

Thank you for the reply :) I'm so sad to hear about your losses.I rang and they said they won't speak to me over the phone and I would have to see them in person and come for an appointment. They did test the pregnancy tissue but everything came back normal.

Yeah they wouldn't tell me a thing over the phone, it's cruel making you wait. My wait was about 5 months in all as they kept losing my blood so I had to keep coming back for blood tests. I have my fingers crossed all is ok or its something simple that they can help with so you get your sticky bean. I remember feeling so lost after the last loss and that there was no hope especially after there was nothing wrong we us, it was just as the doctors put it 'bad luck' but the aspirin seems to have worked for me, even though I'm not showing any blood disorders and the docs say it doesn't do any harm to always worth a try. I have everything crossed for you lovely xx

Hey danijoanne thank you for your reply. I really does suck, I just wish they could have told me something over the phone. Instead of this worry :(. That's terrible that they messed you about. So do you think there could be nothing wrong? I'm confused that they have booked me an appointment if they are going to tell me nothing.

I'm not sure as policy is different place to place but for us there wasn't anything but they gave advice on trying to support a successful pregnancy. Keep me updated xx

Just an update I had my appointment today they didn't find anything wrong with me! Which I'm kind of annoyed with but I know it's good news. On a good note they did say I could take aspirin with the next pregnancy. The doctor was lovely and I feel a bit more confident about trying again. So... I think I'm going to TTC again *gulp*. Nervous isn't the word haha. My period should have been yesterday but still not sign took a test but it was negative... Wasn't really trying this month but want to know where my period is flip sake.

Hi Vicky. We are in the same position. We are all clear but in a way I wanted something to be wrong so it could be treated. I have found being 'unexplained' hard to deal with. Me and DH started ttc this cycle but with no joy. I'm not convinced I ovulated. 13dpo and have awful AF pains and the awful headache that I get the day before she arrives.
Like you I am also going to take asprin next time and carry on with Omega 3 and Vit D3. I will also be having reassurance scans every two weeks from 6-12 weeks. Apparently this can improve outcome. It's worth a shot as I want to avoid any harsh treatments at the moment.
Now for the next challenge, TTC all over again

AF came late yesterday.. Wasn't ttc this month anyway. I hate not having a reason for it. good luck with TTCing hopefully we will get our rainbows soon

Good you got AF. Fresh cycle for you now :thumbup: I'm still waiting for mine. CD32 now and no PMS at all today. She is def on the way though just don't know when. Last cycle was 35 days. Even if this one is a couple of days shorter I will be happy 😊 I miss my clockwork 28 day cycle already. Thank you and to you too

Glad the results were good :thumbup: Although that is cruel of them to keep you hanging.

I'm having testing at the minute after 3 losses (with 2 successful pregnancies between) and our next appointment to discuss the results is in July, which sounds ages away but I guess isn't really. We're kind of NTNP/TTC in the meantime as I already know I have PCOS and don't want to be waiting around if they're going to turn around in the summer and say all is well- when we could have already been trying (if you see what I mean)

Fingers crossed that your next :bfp: will be a healthy and happy 9 months :flower:

Sorry Vicky just seen your update. I take the aspirin right from the beginning. I know it's frustrating but least you know. I have everything crossed for your sticky bean. It happened for me I have a three year old and an 15 weeks with second. After being told I was just unlucky after recurrent miscarriages I thought it would never happen but it did so don't give up hope. The only thing I've done different is the aspirin so I hope it works for you too xx

Well I finally got AF and am now on CD11. Me and DH will BD every other day when I think I'm fertile. I wanted to temp but I'm not getting enough sleep so it wouldnt be accurate.
I had my karyotyping back. Nothing was wrong with baby. So no idea why we lost that one. So frustrating as we have no idea why I can't carry a child. Feeling very perplexed.
Next time I will try a low dose asprin, even though I have no clotting disorders. Also see if the early reassurance scans help. I'm not convinced this will do anything but we will give it a go. I hate being in this 'unexplained' catagory.
Just praying that this time it doesn't take us ages to conceive again. Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->