anyone keeping a pregnancy journal?

myangel167

Reaction score
I thought it would be cool to document how im feeling so i can look back on it later. So at first I was just going to take weekly tummy pics...but then I decided to also make my baby an email address and write to him/her so when he/she gets older she can read all the emails from me. (I'll continue to write to him/her even after he/she is born of course) I also gave that email address to my family members if they wanted to send my baby some messages. :)

A friend of mine bought me a pregnancy journal called from pea to pumpkin. Its really cute but there isnt a whole lot of room for free writing. (Which in a way i kind of like, because after awhile you run out of things to say...so its nice that it gives u weekly writing prompts)

and today, i randomly decided to start a video diary on youtube. I'm not making any of the videos public for awhile because I havent announced my pregnancy to any friends on facebook yet. and just in case someone were to stumble upon my videos...im keeping them unlisted for now.

By the way, the paranoid part of me always secretly wonders if I actually know some of you on here...but because most of us dont use real names or photos, i would have no way of knowing! haha!

But yeah, anyway, I'll eventually post the link to my videos if anyone wants to watch them. I may be kind of obsessing, but its my first baby and I'm excited....and also currently have a lot of time on my hands. haha! (I'll miss that, I'm sure)

I'm keeping a journal in kind of an "old school" way. I bought a beautiful decorative journal with plenty of writing space. I just write how I'm feeling, little letters to baby, sometimes I draw pictures. I considered doing a video diary so I could see my week by week progression, but I don't think it's for me.

Im keeping a journal. I think mostly because its my first pregnancy and I would like to have it later on to look at. Also Its one of those with week by week updates on the growth and development of the baby so its nice to sit and read with my spouse. We have two girls already and we are trying to do and record as much as we can of this pregnancy.

I've been thinking about this :) I think I'm going to start something after my 12 weeks scan. I work with children who don't always get to live with their families or are adopted, and have seen how important that information is to them, so I'd love to try and make something for my own to look back on!

I'm not very good at keeping projects up so I need something I can do easily!

I always saw myself doing a pregnancy blog with weekly updates to share with friends/family. The closet thing to a pregnancy journal I have is here on BnB. Although now that I'm starting to have more energy and more family/friends are finding out the idea is back in my head.

I am in the process of looking for a pregnancy journal. I'll probably be checking book stores this weekend. I started belly pics at 7 weeks, since that was when I started seeing something (it was mostly bloat, but hey!). I have the app for TheBump on my phone, so I am able to upload each week's photo on the album the app provides :)

https://youtu.be/WowOqGv9jJk

If anyone is interested. I posted them as "unlisted" instead of private. since my husband spilled the beans today on his instagram. lol

I thought it would be cool to document how im feeling so i can look back on it later. So at first I was just going to take weekly tummy pics...but then I decided to also make my baby an email address and write to him/her so when he/she gets older she can read all the emails from me. (I'll continue to write to him/her even after he/she is born of course) I also gave that email address to my family members if they wanted to send my baby some messages. :)

A friend of mine bought me a pregnancy journal called from pea to pumpkin. Its really cute but there isnt a whole lot of room for free writing. (Which in a way i kind of like, because after awhile you run out of things to say...so its nice that it gives u weekly writing prompts)

and today, i randomly decided to start a video diary on youtube. I'm not making any of the videos public for awhile because I havent announced my pregnancy to any friends on facebook yet. and just in case someone were to stumble upon my videos...im keeping them private for now.

By the way, the paranoid part of me always secretly wonders if I actually know some of you on here...but because most of us dont use real names or photos, i would have no way of knowing! haha!

But yeah, anyway, I'll eventually post the link to my videos if anyone wants to watch them. I may be kind of obsessing, but its my first baby and I'm excited....and also currently have a lot of time on my hands. haha! (I'll miss that, I'm sure)

That's a pretty cool idea & very sweet! I want to start a journal for the baby, but didn't really know what to put in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->