Anyone know how long a P45 usually takes to come?

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
I handed in my notice at the beginning of October whilst still on maternity leave. I was due to go back in February. After sending numerous emails I finally received a letter last week saying that my leaving date is 9th November and that my final salary and p45 will be sent to my home address in due course.

I wasn't getting paid maternity through my employers but I am owed quite a lot of holiday pay so I presume that's what my final salary means.

Does anyone have any idea how long this usually takes?

I know a job I left in the past I didn't even receive a P45 and I'm worried this could happen again. Not that I've earned anything this year anyway.

You should get your P45 with your final payslip there is no reason for a delay at all. Your payroll have an obligation to file a P45 with HMRC with your final salary details AND issue you with a copy.

Okay thank you. Even though my employer didnt pay me maternity they still sent me wage slips most months I was on mat leave. Do you reckon they might pay me my final wages at the end of the month like they do with the normal wages?

That's the most likely scenario they will process their payroll at their usual time. I hope it gets resolved for you soon. You could call and ask - it may be the reminder they need!

I can never get through to anyone on the phone so I send emails instead but they never reply.. so bloody annoying :(

You could contact ACAS for advice about what to do or even HMRC themselves. Sorry they have been so flipping useless!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->