Anyone know much about relactation?

littlestar85

Wife and mother
Reaction score
My SIL stopped BFing at around 1-2 months and her LO is now 15 months. She wants to try to relactate as her LO is showing an interest in it as she can actually still produce a little bit of milk. I suggested seeing if her LO wants to latch on and taking it from there and maybe using the breast pump to make a start on getting a supply back if that's what she wants.

Apart from that what else would people advise? Fenugreek etc.?

ETA she did have latch problems at the beginning so I'm aware that could be an issue. But if she could express and bottle feed that would be worthwhile

hopefully this will be helpful

https://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/relactation.html

I cannot find the link now but I was reading a blog recently of an adoptive mum who adopted a baby who was around 18 months old and managed to relactate enough to supply all her 'milk' needs (so her child didn't need to have cows/goat milk or formula) and thats a mum who never BF before nor was ever pregnant xx

Excellent, thanku, hadn't even thought to check Kellymom. I really want to do whhat I can to help her as she was heartbroken when she stopped first-time round. X

Just to put lo to boob as much as possible i think and fenugreek might help too xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks. I'm thinking that probably is the only way at this stage too. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"