Anyone know what these sharp pains down below mean?.....

fudgecake251

Reaction score
I'm 37 weeks and 5 days and for the last 2 hours or so I've been having quite sharp pains in my cervix. I can't seem to sit down at all because when I do it's like a shooting pain and I feel like I'm desperate for the toilet! Does anyone know what this is? I remember with my first I was constantly on the loo when the contractions started, although I'm SURE this isn't contractions as I don't have tummy pains or anything. :flower:

Its your cervix stretching and also to do with where baby is laying I think. Lightening pains aka shooty vag pains :haha:
Mine have been terrible this time round.

No, not necessarily I'm afraid. It's a sign that your body is getting ready but not of imminent labour. I wish itwas, but I've had mine for 2 weeks do far x

No im afraid not, I had them from about 20 weeks with dd and ive had them on and off from around 25 weeks this too. Lol shooty vag pain! Love it!

I have just put a post up that sounds a bit like what you are experiencing...I think my baby is going to burst out too :/

I had these pains at about 32 weeks, I had to go to the birth center to have them check me, and they were not labour pains. They said they're kind of normal, and in my case I believe they were caused by my breech baby (although the doctor never confirmed it) that was moving very much. I still have them now and then, I am 35 weeks now, so I can't say these pains that you're having are signaling the labour is close.

I have them too and I can tell it is baby's head bumping on some nerves down there when he is moving. I can feel him from the outside, right between bikini line and where the belly starts.. I just hope he engages, because these pains are annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->