Anyone know when they ovulated and measure 3-4 days behind at first ultrasound?

Leinzlove

Reaction score
I'm dropping in here to see if anyone has had this happen to them. And they went on with the pregnancy!

I am trying not to be worried, but I know when I ovulated. And I've never measured behind before with any of my pregnancies.

with first ultrasounds dating can be off by a week or so, its really easy to be off then as 1mm off on scan can be days!

dont worry to much about it, They have upped and downed my dates due to first scans, then my fundal height was weeks off and they got me extra scans as my bump was "to small" and both my kids where going to be small babies... 1st was 9lb second was 8lb!

Just go with it, scans are good indacators on how healthy pregnancy is but i woudnt put money on them getting dates right!

Congratulations and thanks for your response.

Yes! I didn't know when I ovulated but my hubs and I only dtd once that month so I knew it had to be within a few days of that. My first ultrasound put me a week and a day behind where I thought I should be (I thought 6+2 and they said MAYBE 5 weeks, no heartbeat) and I thought for sure it was horrible news. My next ultrasound a week later put me exactly where I thought I should be and my 12 week scan was spot on too, showing a healthy baby. I think they are so small at that point they can't always be accurate.
I hope your next ultrasound is good news!

Leinzlove, my son measured 4-5 days behind at the first ultrasound. He had caught up by the second one. I wouldn't worry at all! It's very common for ultrasound dates to be out by up to a week or more.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, I see that you have a Zoela. My daughter's name is Zoella (Zo-El-uh) and I have never seen someone with a similar name! How do you pronounce it?

This LO measured a full week behind. I was paranoid that something was wrong. They rescanned two weeks later and he had grown the way he should have. He's caught up on growth now and is even slightly ahead. At early gestations it's a matter of a few millimeters, so very easy for them to measure behind.

Good luck!

Yes me! I was 4 days behind, by the 12 week scan I was a day ahead so it can fluctuate. They said it's normal to be up to a week out

I do and my baby measured a while week behind

It's very normal, even being 1mm out can have massive affect on dates.
When I had my first scan I was 6 weeks exactly based on ovulation and scan measure spot on, when I went for a scan 1 week later when I was 7 weeks scan dated me 6+3 which I knew was wrong and did slightly worry me, next scan at 10 weeks based on ovulation then dated me ahead at 10+4 and finally my last scan at 12 weeks put me back to my ovulation date lol.

It really isn't exactly accurate at all xx

Thank you all so much for your responses. I'm feeling much better today. eeeee

Justplay: Its pronounced the same way. I left out and "l" just because in my family we all have 5 letter names. :)

My husband wanted Zoe, but I have a Chloe and just couldn't go with it. I liked Ella, so we got Zoela. What a great name! <3

Congrats on your pregnancy :) I know when I ovulated this pregnancy from positive OPKs and ovulation spotting, but I must have implanted late because at my first scan baby measured exactly one week behind and I had another scan at what should have been 12.5 weeks and I measured 11.5 exactly. Everything good and healthy though!

I know when I ovulated and my scan was 4 days behind as I was measuring 6+2 when I should have been 6+6. The baby caught up and was measuring correctly at 12 weeks.

I was worried as my last m/c it was behind a few days. Also my boys both measured right on their dates or maybe even a day or 2 ahead.

That's what made this so surprising to me. This is the first time I've ever measured behind.

With #1 she measured right on. With #2 and #3 they measured 2 days ahead of O. And this one measured 3 days behind O.

All of my pregnancy tests were definitely positive by 10dpo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->