Anyone living in Japan?

ALiKO

mommy :)
Reaction score
Anyone living in Japan at the moment and pregnant? I am American living abroad in Japan, my husband is Japanese and I have been here for about a year and change. I am finding it increasingly diffiicult to find friends who are also expecting. Im afraid that my pregnancy has made me feel a bit lonely and isolated here. :(

Me!!!

Where abouts in Japan are you?

Congrats on your pregnancy!

I just saw your due date... We are just one day apart! I'm due on the 26th :)

oh that is frantastic! i live in Saitama how about you? and that is so cool that we are a day apart people are usually far ahead of me or earlier than me :)

We live in Shizuoka :)

I already have a 3 year old daughter and a 1 year old son!

How are you feeling?

well my physical well being i am nauseous, dizzy and lacking an appetite haha. emotionally just feeling lonely and isolated. how are u feeling as well bump buddy :)? how are you also dealing with friendships and things?

oh and this is my very first time being pregnant so im literally like a fish out of water :haha:

well my physical well being i am nauseous, dizzy and lacking an appetite haha. emotionally just feeling lonely and isolated. how are u feeling as well bump buddy :)? how are you also dealing with friendships and things?

I have a little mornin sickness but not so bad compared to my other 2 pregnancies...

How long have you been in Japan for? Are you a member of Afwj or mij? Both of those especially Afwj have been lifesavers for me living in Japan. I actually know a few other foreign mums who live in Saitama or near Saitama. Maybe somehow I could introduce you?

Another good group to join is KA-mom. It is a FB group and is fantastic for receiving and giving advice about living in Japan as a foreigner. A lot of members like myself are married to a Japanese!

i've been in japan for a little over a year now. and i actually am a member of MIJ and the tokyo pregnancy group but i am going to look into AFWJ and KA moms thanks for the suggestions! i have corresponded with a few women but all seem to live so far from me that it is not very possible to meet up for coffee on weekends :coffee: or apple juice since we're pregnant :).

and sure i would love to be introduced to some new people :)

do u have a birthing plan? i really want to have a water birth as labor scares me to death but my in-laws are pushing me to deliver in a hospital as they are saying its best and DH is going along with it. im so frustrated its like i have no say.

Hey, I am currently in Japan but too far from where you live. I am living in Okayama. Good to see few pregnant ladies here from Japan. I know one more who is just ahead of me in third trimester :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->