Anyone missing pate?

P

purple_socks

Just thought i'd share this.... I've been sad about not being able to eat pate this christmas so i looked into if its safe to eat homemade pate when pregnant- and it is! woo hoo!
As long as its freshly made and isn't made with liver. i found this recipe. the only ingredient i wasn't sure abt was tempeh (i've never actually heard of it b4) but i googled it and it appears to b ok to eat during pregnancy

theveggietable.com/recipes/pate.html

Quorn do a really good pate, people at work had it for a fuddle last year and most of them couldn't tell it wasn't a meat product. As far as I'm aware Quorn stuff is OK in pregnancy :happydance:

Yes pate is the one thing i miss in pregnancy. Its lovely and i really feel like it now lol.

And Cauldron do a good pate too - mushroom I think, but most of them you'd never know were vegetarian!

I had a go at making some pate from the recipe i posted at the start of this thread but i made some changes-thought i'd share:
coz i'm not acutally a veggi (just found veggi recipes easier to come across when avoiding liver) i added bacon to make it taste a bit more like nromal pate- i just put a few rashers of streaky bacon in (chopped up) but i guess u could experiment for the perfect amount. i also cut out the wine and added a bit more soy sauce instead. It tasted pretty good for 'fake' pate. :p

Mmmmm I love pate! But im not too hot in the kitchen lol

Mmmmm I love pate! But im not too hot in the kitchen lol

Its pretty easy to make- all u have to do is wack it all in a pan to cook veg and bacon then when its cooled shove it in a food processor/ liquidiser/ smoothy maker then poor it in a dish to cool in fridge :)

I so miss pate nearly bought some when i went shopping the other day then remembered i cant have any:hissy:

i love pate and do stil eat it once a week only a little on toast but wow i love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->