Anyone nervous about genetic issues?

counting

Mama of 4, growing #5
Reaction score
Hi guys!

This might be an odd thread but is anyone here nervous about genetic issues? I'm not overly so but there has been some nervousness surrounding the fact that my husband has tourettes. For him it has gotten a lot better with age, and it is fairly subtle now. I do worry that our child will inherent tourettes, especially a more severe form especially since we do have a history of TS and tic disorders on my side of the family(no first degree relatives with TS but one with a single tic which in no way affects her life). Part of the reason it would be nice to have a girl- less likelihood of developing TS.

Anyone here dealt with this kind of genetic worry? Of course there are other things (DH also had bad asthma as a child, but his mother smoked. When she quit, his symptoms left) but this is the biggest worry I have, but I tend to take the thought of it one day at a time. I tell myself we will manage no matter what, but I do worry our child will have this potentially debilitating issue. Hubby isn't so worried though, and he is the healthy, well rounded adult living with TS, so I know maybe I should just worry a little less.

I guess I just want to hear from people who might be going through the same thing, and how you are coping with the possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->