Anyone not getting a sensor mat monitor?

samantha_sarah

Proud Mummy to Ruby Mai
Reaction score
I was going to but my mum said that its not reliable as they give off false alarms and that i should be checking her frequently not relying on a mat.

Anyone else just getting a normal monitor?

I guess shes right, id probably go mad even with a sensor mat lol

I don't intend getting one for exactly those reasons hun xx

I'm getting one as if they are set up correctly they rarely give off false alarms. I know someone who's little week old boy "forgot" to breath and the alarm went off both parents ran in giving im a fright which cause him to draw in a breath!
But remember not everyone has them and look how many babies are ok out there!! xx

I bought one as the reviews for it were great. I don't intend on using it instead of checking on my baby, but as well as.

Cx

We aren't getting one either.

Actually, we don't really need one, cuz Bambino will be 4 months when we finally move out of our 1 bedroom, but we figured we'd get one anyway for when we have another baby. Ours is just going to be the normal, sound one. There's actually only 1 reciever with it, but that's all we need :)

I just got a normal sound one on ebay for 16quid instead of 50 in the shops, if your heart is set on one with a may try ebay, they are going for half the price than in the shops xxx

they are 50 in tkmax at the moment, we got one x

Like you've said.
I personally dont like these sorts of things.

i will be getting one, i had one on my youngest; mainly because a friend of mine had a baby which died of cot death a few months before i had my baby, so kinda puts the fear of god in ya, also my cousins little boy died of cotdeath a few months ago so again fear of god syndrome

Im gonna see how i do with just the normal monitor thingy first.

And of course lack off sleep cos i'll be sat making sure he's ok

I got a respisense, which clips onto their nappy and checks their breathing. Apparently they're more reliable and we can take it away with us.

Im not getting one, im not even getting a normal monitor, we live in a flat and to get to any room youre passing by all the others so i know id be checking in alot.

Ive not gotten one and dont intend to i stress enough without false alarms

I found that with my first two, if anything happened my mothers 6th sence kicked into action. I knew when DS1 started vomiting while lying on his back, I knew when they were ill, too hot, too cold etc.

If however, I did have a poorly baby, then yes I would get one.

I'm paranoid enough as it is. My doppler has made ALL the difference to how secure I feel, and that's why I got the monitor. I'm not prepared to rely on mother's sense, because that will result in insane paranoia and not being able to sleep, ever. There's no point in normal monitors for us, as there is nowhere in our place that we wouldn't be able to hear a baby. But I am going to need to know that something is monitoring her breathing or I will go nuts checking her.

if no movement is detected within 20 seconds is the alarm loud? would it wake baby?
Also does it detect breathing? IYKWIM x
Thanx x

if no movement is detected within 20 seconds is the alarm loud? would it wake baby?
Also does it detect breathing? IYKWIM x
Thanx x

the alarm on mine is loud we tested it, the alarm goes off on the babys monitor and on the parent monitor at the same to shock the baby into breathing if i remember what i read, even tough baby will be in our room i feel alot better knowing if anything goes wrong it will go off and id rather have a 1000 false alarms and it work and 1 time save my babys live for £60 than worry alot because i am a huge worrier

They are really good especially when you have early babies who have a tendency to forget to breath at times, we didnt get many falsr alarms its mostly when they get bigger and start moving around you get them x

i had a mat with both my boys and it was the best thing i got. i did have a normal monitor but wasnt happy so my mum bought me the mat and i felt alot happier. will be getting 1 for this 1.

I was thinking of getting one but DH want's one with a camera and this will put my mind at ease too so will go for that, take care :hugs: XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->