Anyone not had an early scan??

BabyJayne

Me, DH, DD & pregnant
Reaction score
Hi all

Well, here I am still waiting for my first scan! It seems most people on here have already had a first scan well before 12 weeks...feels like I am the only one still waiting :haha:

I am thankful, as I have had no bleeding or severe pain which has warranted an early scan, so that's good news. But I've also had minimal symptoms - sore boobs and that horrible hungover feeling some days, but that's basically it.

I've got my scan date through for 18th Feb when I should be 12 weeks 2 days. It was originally booked for 28th when I would be 13+3, but I asked them to change it in case my dates were out and I missed the NT scan time limit.

So, anyone in the same boat? I'm so scared that I'll get there in a fortnight and there'll be nothing there!!

Me!! I guess we should be thankful we havnt needed one. Still a bummer waiting to check everythings on track tho xx

Me! This is my 3rd pregnancy and the first time I haven't had an early scan (I had scans at 5w, 6w and I think 9 weeks with my DS, and 7w with my DD). I'm super glad I haven't needed to have one but it feels weird not to have seen LO!

I just want to know there's something there!! I know an MMC without any bleeding/pain at all is rare...but it's just on my mind. 13 days and counting!!

Me! :) I know the feeling ! I havnt had anyone confirm tht I am not actually making the whole thing up! But I hoping that this means there is nothing wrong and in a week and a half I will get to see our little baby :) super excited !

Me either. It's such a long time to wait, but I can totally understand why you have wait so long because early scans can cause more worry and concern than there worth when you measure behind ect.

Mines booked for 27th feb when I'll be 12+6. 3 weeks and 1 day and counting! I KNOW I'm pregnant as I'm SO sick but I'm convinced I'm going get there and it be MMC. I just keep thinking I'm still being sick cause it's still inside of me. Other times I tell myself how stupid I'm being and just enjoy it (pretty hard to enjoy when I'm so sick though lol)

Not had one either. Got mines booked for 17th February and will be 12 weeks. So excited but scared too as have few symptoms xxx

Im high risk so I've had 5 already. I will say the down side is worrying!

I haven't had a scan yet and I'm 13 weeks + 1 day! My doctor hasn't even mentioned a scan yet. My midwife said that insurances won't cover until 16-20 weeks. I think that is just insane! I got to hear the heartbeat at 12 weeks + 3 days, so that was reassuring :). I have an appointment this Monday and I will be asking my doctor for a scan. I just want to see LO!!

I didn't get my first scan until 16 weeks due to a mistake in admin :dohh: although it seems annoying, and worrying because you don't know how baby is, the further along you are the more baby like they look. It's only a little positive but still :) I got the shock of my life when they showed me baby at 16w, looking just like a normal baby does! And now at 20w they're still perfectly healthy.

I am due for my NT scan on the 19th- so the day after you when I will be 12+1. It is a bit nerve wracking as for me this is my first pregnancy- no idea what to expect at all! Would be reassuring to know what is going on in there, but then again if there was there is nothing we can do about it. Ahughes- that is weird that you were not offered a scan at 12 weeks as that is when they have a window to check for chromosomal issues such as Downs syndrome etc and also congenital heart defects. They also measure everything to see how well baby is growing and if all is on track. I would have thought insurance would cover something as important as that! Here in Australia you can go through the public system and pay a smallish amount ($160) for the scan which you can get a rebate for if you have insurance covering pregnancy. I think you may be able to get it for free or cheaper in a hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->