anyone not having sex whole pregnancy?

mumdream2013

Reaction score
hey

i just wanted to know if anyone is thinking like me, basically Im having twins, this is our 3 ivf attempt, so very precious with donor eggs.
i have decided no sex till after, my husband seems ok with this, we so worried something Will go wrong as we have had 2 bleeds already, am i weird! lol x x

not at all. my OH barely gets any because it makes me feel uncomfy and crampy <3

In my first pregnancy we didn't dtd for the first few weeks and then after that it was fairly infrequent - every two weeks or so up until about 30 weeks and then we didn't do it again til our dd was 8 weeks old!!! My poor dh! I have to say, I didn't really want to do it at all and felt weird about it! That said, I'm glad we kept doing it a bit as I have friends who totally stopped and its been really hard for them to recover their sex life afterwards... Though your situation with ivf is quite different and I don't blame you for wanting to abstain mumdream. I would feel the same.

So far I'm 6 wks 2 days preg and won't let dh come near me! My boobs are way too tended thanks very much!! He is fine with it for the moment though :)

We definitely slowed down on sex front. We still have it but very rarely. I am tiered looking after 2 kids and feel nauseous most of the time.
My previous pregnancy was IVF and I feel similar to you, thinking it was too precious to risk it. I also had 2 bleeds and stayed off sex almost until 12 weeks scan. However I than realised that my bleeds were caused by progesterone suppositories and as soon as I was off them I did not bleed. My normal sex life was resumed until the end of the pregnancy. I think if you and your husband feel uneasy to have penetrative sex at this point probably better to wait. However I don't think oral sex for both you and your husband can cause any trouble. I think it is important not to give up on expressing your love physically ( even if it is just a massage).
Wish you luck!

Me and OH tried last night but I totally ruin it these days by constantly saying not too close to my cervix!! Not too close! and then I tend to get cramps after. So we both feel slightly frustrated now as I'm so scared of bleeding. We do still however find other ways to reach climax without so much penetration. :)

I usually go almost the entire time without it, I bleed every pregnancy so they advise against it, I did on Wednesday and bled today, that that will be that for quite awhile lol.

We didn't have any with the twins or my first until I was past term.

We definitely slowed down on sex front. We still have it but very rarely. I am tiered looking after 2 kids and feel nauseous most of the time.
My previous pregnancy was IVF and I feel similar to you, thinking it was too precious to risk it. I also had 2 bleeds and stayed off sex almost until 12 weeks scan. However I than realised that my bleeds were caused by progesterone suppositories and as soon as I was off them I did not bleed. My normal sex life was resumed until the end of the pregnancy. I think if you and your husband feel uneasy to have penetrative sex at this point probably better to wait. However I don't think oral sex for both you and your husband can cause any trouble. I think it is important not to give up on expressing your love physically ( even if it is just a massage).
Wish you luck!

hi ya

when you say the bleed was caused by the progesterone! i wonder if that's what made me bleed then? how did you know this? i finish mine on Tuesday when Im 13 weeks, Im scared i Will bleed when i stop them x

My OH and I have been at it nearly everyday, lol. We both have healthy appetites for it and we have a hard time keeping our hands off each other. I even checked with my Doc just to make sure it's ok to do it so much and she said as long as there is no bleeding its fine. I had some post sex cramping from week 5-7, but then it subsided.
There is no way I could go 9 months ha ha ha ha.I should mention though to you ladies with previous kiddies, this is my first. If I was running around after a toddler, I would probably be knackerd and we wouldn't be getting any.

Progesterone can cause your cervix to be more sensitive so it can bleed easier.. I haven't had an issue while using them, I still have 5 weeks of mine but I will have enough to go to 16 weeks, I am so worried about stopping them also!!!

hey

i just wanted to know if anyone is thinking like me, basically Im having twins, this is our 3 ivf attempt, so very precious with donor eggs.
i have decided no sex till after, my husband seems ok with this, we so worried something Will go wrong as we have had 2 bleeds already, am i weird! lol x x
We are not allowed to because of the subcorionic hematoma (sch) they found at 6+1. I have no idea if at anytime during the pregnancy we will be allowed to. Luckily dh doesn't require it often but I do! Lol

When I was pregnant with DD I wanted it all the time until I was about 36 weeks and ended up in hospital with severe pre eclampsia.
Not dtd since BFP yet but will tonight as unfair on DH lol although I could really do without :(

im onto my 4th pregnancy, and i NEVER have sex when pregnant. not for any medical reasons, just my own preference x

I've been so nervous to have :sex: during pregnancy even though doc said it was perfectly fine...we've dtd twice so far since finding out which isn't a lot for us. Both times I had mild cramping but no bleeding so if that stays the same I think we'll likely continue 1x/week or so...

That said, I completely understand your not wanting to!

I'm def having sex unless my Dr says it's not ok! :haha::blush:

However, I totally understand why you and your DH decided not to. Whatever you two are comfortable with, you know? That's what's important.

H&H 9 months to you!:hugs:

thanks all!
yes we are too scared and its just not the priority atm.
have fun everyone else lol, and those who are not, other things we can do ok x

I haven't spoken to my doctor about it, but I know from previous experience that I have an incompetent cervix so I am allowing absolutely no sex the entire time. Could make for a long pregnancy seeing as how we normally :sex: every day or at least every other day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->