Anyone not included an immediate family member...

Mummy May

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
In your wedding? I knew months ago that I didn't want to invite my brother to my wedding, and now the time is getting nearer I don't want him there. But I don't know how to not invite him? Its a really long story that I don't want to go into but he will just upset my mother and probably get pissed up and be a prick. But if I don't invite him, my Mother will get the flack for it (she lives 2 doors away). Someone help!! Xx

I feel your pain I didn't invite my dad to our wedding as he can't control his temper. It was awkward but the day was better cause he was not there.

Just make it clear to your brother why he is not invited. You can either tell him upfront or get him to uninvite himself if that makes sense. I had a chat with my dad about it and he, with my persuasion, decided it was better he didn't go.

Good luck. Xx

Weddings are always awkward.

I don't see him lol! He lives 2 hours away and the only contact I have is FB, would it be totally awful to fb him lol? Xx

Yeah FB would be a bit mean. Why don't you call him. Or chat to your mum for some advice in how best to approach the subject. Does your.mum know he's not invited? X

No, she knows I don't want to invite him though. I mean she rang me crying yesterday because she wants to move away because he lives next door. I will have a think on it. Thankyou :) xx

Me! I invited two sisters but not the third. We are so estranged I doubt she knows I'm married, sadly haven't spoken in 15 years (I'm 29 now) no one thought this was odd, she hasn't spoken to my other sisters either.

Yeah he only speaks to my Mam because she lives 2 doors down unless he wouldn't bother. I don't think I'm going to be able to get out of it though xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->