Anyone NOT nesting?

zilla

Reaction score
With DS1 I was terrible and cleaned the house from top to bottom daily. And one day spent 8 hours re-organising all of the kitchen cupboards. Somehow!
This time round I really don't care!!
Is this the norm with second children?

I'm guessing that it's because last time, I didn't have a toddler going around and undoing all of my hard work! lol

I don't really remember nesting with DS1, but I had one day, actually the day before I went into labor with DS2 where I had a burst of energy and did some cleaning. It was brief as I was already staring to feel the cramping (had doc appt that day and an internal check that was actually quite painful), and I tired easily. I wouldn't say I felt the need to nest though.

I didn't have any sort of nesting urges until I finished for maternity leave on Monday. Now I can't stop...

This is my first, and I am super frustrated because the nesting urge is there for sure...but my energy level is zero so I'm not getting anything done at all. If I manage an hour of tidying, I sit down for a breath and somehow wake up a couple hours later wondering what the hell happened :haha:

I think the second time around we can become lazy lol. With my first I nested like crazy. And with this one being my second I do it here and there lol.

I'm far too lazy to nest, I like my rest more lol. I see it as no point in cleaning when we will be moving soon

I don't nest in terms of cleaning, but I do get impulsive and have to do stuff. So if I come home one day and see the books need organising or I remember something I need to buy I have to do it there and then or it drives me crazy and I get really angsty.

My PGP and exhaustion and time constraints with children aren't helping much though. I desperately want to finish my Christmas shopping and get everything wrapped but I know it's ridiculously early and I have been trying to delay it until at least when I start maternity leave next week. Right now it feels like the most important job in the world but I guarantee next Thursday when I drop my daughter at preschool and don't then have to go to work, I will probably just come home and go to bed, lol.

I haven't started yet. I mean almost everything is ready for baby already but there is more I want to do. I stop working at 36 weeks so I assume that during the month before his due date is when I'll really start nesting.

FTM and I haven't been nesting yet, but I'm hoping that kicks in when I go on maternity leave in a few weeks. When does it usually start?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->