Anyone not put on any weight?

4magpies

TTC #2 IVF
Reaction score
I literally haven't gained 1lb in this pregnancy yet. I'm now 9 weeks.

I expected to gain a lot as I have always struggled with my weight due to PCOS.

I have also been super lazy, eaten what I've wanted and not been sick.

Just can't really get my head round it.

Not complaining about it as I need to stay this size until 16 weeks to fit into my wedding dress! Which had had to have been altered already due to my boobs being too 2 cup sizes bigger at 6 weeks!

I only gained 14lbs (mostly in the third trimester) and wore my regular jeans to the hospital the day I was admitted. As long as the doctor isn't concerned, enjoy it! Makes losing the "baby weight" afterwards so much easier. :)

Good luck with your wedding! :hugs:

Thank you. See my jeans actually don't fit now as my belly is bigger but not actually gained weight as such.

Thanks for putting my mind at rest.

It's more common not to put weight on in first tri than to gain.. I'm 11 weeks and iv actually lost 5lb since finding out, I lost weight in first tri with my son aswel :)
But like you, I can't wear my normal jeans because I already have a slight bump.. God knows how iv lost weight but i have lol :flower:

I'm 14+3 and having initially lost weight, approx half a stone I am now nearly back to starting weight. I lost muscle from being ill and hardly moving!!!

I did lose about 7lbs a couple of weeks ago without trying and put it back on again.

It's just people who are pregnant usually go on about getting fact ect. Surprised I haven't. Haha!

I haven't gained any which I'm thrilled about - I'm finding it hard to understand others saying that they need maternity clothes at 5 or 6 weeks but we're all different :)

We're thinking of getting married in January but I don't want to be huge for that.

Ah I get married in December rachie. Honeymooning in jan. Can't wait!

I'm going to need maternity jeans but only because I'm getting a little bump now.

I saw your bump pictures on the bump thread, you've got such a lovely cute little bump <3

I've put on a few pounds as I stopped my spin class and have been eating so many carbs :(
I also have a noticeable bump though that could be because this is my second, plus I'm really short. It's kind of firm though so I think my uterus might have popped already.
Everyone is different though!

My first pregnancy i didnt put on any weight until mid 2nd trimester. No bump, nothing. And i ate a million cream cakes a day. And i'm fairly slim. I had such bump envy. But she measured fine all the way through. Everyones body changed differently :)

At 5-6 weeks I couldn't shut my trousers but then came the MS!! I think it was mostly gas. I have a long torso so think it will take me longer to show as baby has more room to grow up. Yay the only time I am happy to have a long torso :)

First I was 3 stone LIGHTER full term that before my pregnancy (and he was 9lbs), second I lost 1.5 stone before I lost it at 12 weeks, third was twins and I put on less than half a stone, which babies both weighted over 6lbs, plus placentas etc so really was all baby weight, it's AFTER the pregnancy the weight piles on haha.

I lost a couple of pounds in the first tri with both LC, but put on about 5lb during the miscarriage pregnancy. Although I had similar symptoms I think the major difference was I was at home in pregnancy #3 so could stop the nausea with constant snacking, where as with the first 2 I was at work so had to just sip water.

I gave birth to my son in July and was up 30 pounds. I was a big girl to begin with so doctor gave me the clear to watch what I eat and I am down to the point where I need to lose only about 11 more! I am allowed to lose until 2nd tri then I may need a bit more calories but he is watching me :thumbup: I lost 6 pounds in first tri so far....

I haven't put on any weight and I'm 20 weeks, mw said its fine and everything is growing fine. X

with DS i lost 7kg in 1st tri from morning sickness/nausea. the weight only really crept on again during 2nd tri, and i only started really ballooning at about 7.5mths.

trying really hard just to maintain this time.

with dd I didn't put any weight on until 6 months, I blamed xmas for the start of that lol!

this time round im pg with twins and so far ive lost 9lbs I think a lot of that was down to the bloating from the IVF! but im on the slightly larger side!

Losing weight is actually normal for a lot of women in the first tri(or not gaining). I had this with my other 2 pregnancies!! I wish that was the case this 3rd time around (I've already gained 2lbs!!!) Ugh!
Enjoy it...things will change soon enough in 3rd trimester;)

I have actually lost 5 lbs since 5 weeks! They said I need to correct that, and I try... but it does not help lol. Funny because that was never an issue for me before. I had to eat healthy so that I did not gain weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->