Anyone ntnp with a newborn?

kanga

Mummy Wummy
Reaction score
Hi ladies

Can't believe I am back in the ttc forums 2 years after I joined bnb! I finally had my baby in June and am already broody for another, although it will totally mess up my career and finances!

Anyone else with a newborn, well little baby, and looking to try again? xx

We are currently not using protection and using the, ahem, withdrawal method. Thinking of not bothering with even that though from the new year

Hi! Yes, I am in a similar position to you! I first ttc back in 2009, 2 years ago (didn't join until today though, shame I didn't find the site then!) - it took 10 months but fell pregnant oct 2009 and had my little boy july 2010 now 16 months! Because of the time it took we just decided not to take precautions but "be careful" - I still tracked my cycle and everything, so as well as withdrawal was timing it not around ovulation. We "dtd" 7 days ago and were not careful at all as must have really been in the mood lol (sometimes the best way to get pregnant - I do think we were trying too hard at one point the first time around!) - the following day I was trying to remember my cycle - I logged into my monthly cycles and I was at my ovulation peak the night it happened! I am now 7dpo and have felt the same feeling in my tummy all week and feel myself getting very excited! So if it's ment to be it's ment to be!!! I'm scared of disappointment now though, so if I'm not I will no doubt start trying, trying as I am ready. Just do what feels right, it will be nice to not have too large a gap. If I am expecting it will be july again but we will see!

ooo Gemmy, very exciting! I hope you get your wish. Your age gap will be quite nice too, not too close like mine would be! Keep me posted xxxxx

Let us know how it works out for you! I don't have #1 yet, but I told DH that I will never go back on hormonal/chemical birth control again, and he hates condoms, so after our first we will be NTNP straight away (unless, of course, something goes wrong and I need a C-section. Then we would try to ensure that my body has time to heal).

that is how I felt. almost a year trying for first, didn't want to bother with any birth control after in case it took that long again. thought i knew my cycles well enough anyway to know when i would and wouldn't fall pregnant. realised we weren't "safe" on last bd and were actually most fertile! So now in the good old 2ww which i remember so well the first time - now desperate to be pregnant again even though 2 weeks ago today wasn't even thinking about it!! Good luck in ttc :o) x

This should make you ladies feel a little better and probably a lot more sane......I have a six year old and a five week old and we are NTNP!!!!

This should make you ladies feel a little better and probably a lot more sane......I have a six year old and a five week old and we are NTNP!!!!

Wow you are brave! I would never have been ready with a five week old never mind the six year old too! Good luck though, you must be pretty fertile!

Same here...That I am NTNP with a newborn (technically by then he will just be an infant). Even though I had a c-section, I am waiting till 6 months after baby is born though to start DTD with DH. Because it usually takes us a few months (2 or 3) to conceive and 3 months before the uterus starts expanding majorly. So if we do that, it will be close to a year after our newborn was born when we become pregnant. So fingers crossed.

We're not even using the withdrawal method! I'm BFing but had first AF 6 weeks ago, next AF is 2 weeks late and I've been having EWCM for weeks, sort of hoping it's just my cycle settling down. It took us 18 months and several losses to get DS though. I just realised we could have a new baby this year!!!

Hi ladies!!! When James was born I thought ttc again when he's a year would be pushing it. At 4.5 months I was like, if I were to get pregnant that would be fine. Within the last month I have decided that I NEED another baby! Damn! I didn't think the baby shakes would hit me again so fast. We have been using the withdrawl method and condoms. HOWEVER my husband decided not to use either on the 23rd and 29th this month!! I have no cllue when I'm ovulating as I'm breastfeeding and still haven't gotten a period, but I've been having pregnancy symptoms which I hope are not all in my heard. I know it's really soon though (but it was the same with James). Going crazy waiting to see if I have a BFP in the next week or two though!!

I wonder what the stats are for getting pregnant without a return of your period yet....

wow good luck to you both! it is exciting the 2nd time and you aren't so worried about getting pregnant as you know you can but you do worry about more of coping with new born as you have done it once oh and the birth lol!!

as for me no longer ntnp but definately TTC!!!

I haven't had my first AF yet either :-/ Trey is now 6 weeks old and we aren't using withdrawl either but it takes us a little while and a whole lot of BDing to get a BFP.....POAS this morning and got a BFN....if I'm not preggers then I wish AF would just come and my regular cycles would return so I can actually TTC lol

New Year, new AF, bit disappointed tbh.

Just remember that it can and will happen! You have ds to prove for that! Just think, get past this af and try again but in the meantime enjoy your little one :) Good luck x

I got my first period after DS when he was 7 months old. I breast fed him until he was almost 10 months but once I had that first period they became regular each month, but who is to say when I started ovulatng again?

I didn't want to try straight away but didn't want to use any birth control as we were ntnp for 7 months and then ttc for 10 months before we fell pregnantwith ds! I now believe we were just way too obsessed and stressed thinking that there was a problem. I thought I couldn't have kids, he thought he had a low sperm count just on the basis it wasn't happening. We spent too much on tests and when we did bd it was too scheduled.

Two months ago I realised we had bd and not pulled out two weeks after my previous period. I was convinced I was pregnant. My stomach felt all the same feelings and the 2ww took me back to those miserable months of bfn. Esp. when I kept buying hpt again and seeing bfn oh at least 10 times! When AF came (right on time - about 29 days) I was dissapointed so decided in December we would BD loads at time of ovulation but just judging it by calander and we would be sure to not stress. Didn't buy any tests - still felt feeling in tummy which reminded me of being pregnant but AF came again 28 days later.

So now I am ovulating again and I have bought opk and preseed which I used with ds. Trying hard not to get too obsessed - I know it will happen. So in two weeks I will see if AF comes but we all mustn't be too disheartened if it does - it will happen when it's ment to. Move onto your next cycle positively but enjoy your bubbas now - they grow too fast! Mine is nearly 18 months!!!

Our son is 7 months old and we've been NTNP since he was first born. I'd love them close together. So far no luck... 16 days late but a negative test 3 days ago. Never this late... driving me crazy!
Anyway... rant over. I wish you better luck. ;) xx

We have a 12 week old and are officially ntnp. My periods haven't returned either coz I'm breastfeeding but LO does regularly go 8 to 9 hrs without a feed so hoping this will lower prolactin levels enough

If you're formula feeding does anyone have any idea when you should start your first period after delivery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->