Anyone ntnp with a newborn?

If you're formula feeding does anyone have any idea when you should start your first period after delivery?

just googled this:

Whether and how much you're nursing your baby is the biggest factor in determining how soon your body will resume its menstrual cycles.

The timing is different for every woman, and there's a huge range of what's considered normal, depending on your body and circumstances. As a result, the time frames mentioned below are approximate guidelines. If you're concerned, your healthcare provider can help evaluate your situation and make sure you're on track.

Nursing moms: One seldom-cited benefit of breastfeeding is that it delays your period. If you're breastfeeding exclusively, day and night, it can take a year or even longer before you have to run to the store for tampons, suffer from PMS, or cope with cramps. If you're lucky enough to have a baby who sleeps through the night from an early age, your period will likely return sooner — typically in three to eight months. The same applies if you're supplementing with formula. In other words, the more often your baby nurses, the longer it will be before you get your period again.

Non-nursing moms: If you're formula-feeding your baby, you might start menstruating again as soon as a month after delivering your child, or it could take two or three months.

All moms: Bear in mind that your body will release its first postpartum egg before you menstruate. So if you don't start using birth control as soon as you start having sex again, you can get pregnant even before having your first period. If you're breastfeeding, don't be misled by the myth that you're not fertile — many a nursing mother has been surprised by an unplanned pregnancy.

If you're formula feeding does anyone have any idea when you should start your first period after delivery?

just scrolled back - i see your lo is only 6 weeks so it could be another month or two. Keep bding though!!

Blimey if only I had the energy to bd when mine was 6 weeks!!! Good luck:flower:

I got pg with DS #2 when DS#1 was 11 months old :thumbup: We were NTNP for several months before that too. Now those boys are 8 and 10 and I love the relationship they have being 21 months apart in age. :cloud9:

I got pg with DS #2 when DS#1 was 11 months old :thumbup: We were NTNP for several months before that too. Now those boys are 8 and 10 and I love the relationship they have being 21 months apart in age. :cloud9:

That's lovely. I really want to get pregnant now so there is not too big an age gap. If I fell pregnant now it would be 2 years and 2 months so I need to get a move on!

However for bf'ing mums your AF can come sooner even if you are still feeding exclusively and through the night, mine did :dohh:

New Year, new AF, bit disappointed tbh.

Just remember that it can and will happen! You have ds to prove for that! Just think, get past this af and try again but in the meantime enjoy your little one :) Good luck x

:hugs: to fifi-folle

Gemmy - This is a WONDERFUL way to look at things! Thank you! We've only dtd 3 times without protection so far, and have no clue when/if I'm ovulating, but I know a BFN or AF will make me very sad. BUT you're right! I know it CAN happen as I have the cutest proof to remind me, and it's not like I don't have one to enjoy in the meantime! However, this NTNP/TTC stuff is enough to drive a sane woman (let alone a tired one!) crazy!

All moms: Bear in mind that your body will release its first postpartum egg before you menstruate. So if you don't start using birth control as soon as you start having sex again, you can get pregnant even before having your first period. If you're breastfeeding, don't be misled by the myth that you're not fertile — many a nursing mother has been surprised by an unplanned pregnancy.

I was googling too and was wondering: Could there only be one postpartum egg before menstration or can you ovulate repeatedly without getting your period? Couldn't find an answer to that, seems most thigns I read said there may only be right before your first AF, or the first cycle might not even be an ovulating one, and you may ovulate after the 1st or 2nd AF.

hmmm it certainly gets confusing, not sure. my first period started last february and was so heavy. i was still feeding but he supplemented a few bottles in the day. although i bled every month i didnt 'feel' like i ovulated until the summer and that was my cm which i noticed and thought wow that's ovulation discharge, having ttc with ds i understood it more and only for the last three months have i really felt ovulation cramps. maybe look out for these signs too? good luck x

Hey we will be NTNP very soon, within the next month, and I only had my baby girl 3 months ago! We figure that having them close together is the best for our family :) xxx

We just had our first 3 weeks ago, DTD last night, no protection, so looks like we are NTNP!

hiya Kanga, i remember you from the forums not so long back too, as my DD was also born in june, and we are also back on NTNP at mo, i'd love another, i like having the little ones close, its amazing!!!

We have just decided to NTNP since I'm quite keen for baby #2 to be not too far apart in age from baby #1. Never thought I'd say it, but I want another! Its quite exciting :) I took my last pill on Friday so fingers crossed :) Haha sometimes I think I must be mad wanting 2 under 2. How quickly we forget the first few weeks eh?

My ds is 17 weeks today and been NTNP since 12 weeks. Was exclusively breast feeding until around 11 weeks and no clue when I'll ovulate but much more relaxed this time round. Good luck to everyone x

DD is 8 weeks old,we are basically in the same boat as you, however no withdrawal method here. Only thing that might screw it up is BFing. She was our miracle and rainbow baby (she was our 25% chance!) doc says I'm highly fertile now :dohh:. Will be actively trying after our wedding in March however.

Hiya Leopard! Haha! Any bfps? I had a positive OPK on sunday but we only got to DTD once so I doubt it'll be our month! But we will see I suppose. My LO is 2 months now.

Still nothing for me...no bfp, no af... still bf, but i do have an adorable 7 month old!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->