Anyone on Iron tablets?

Layla

Reaction score
Which ones are you on??

Im on 200mg of ferrous sulphate, i have to take 1, 3 times a day.

So far im not really feeling any benifits from them, im still soooooooo tired.

How long do they take to kick in?? been taking them for a while now

Thanks

x

Im on ferrous sulphate 3 times a day aswell hun not sure of the strength and i cany be assed to go to cupboard to look :rofl: the same as you i think tho

I was on pregaday when PG with additional ferrous sulphate on top of that as I was very anemic, my levels have risen a bit since having LO but I still feel like crap soooo tired, always cold and very short of breath at times when im doin nowt :dohh:

hate to say it but i dont think they do owt for me, ive been on and off them for years and dont think they do owt thats me tho they might work for others

I have been on 2 a day since I was about 20 weeks pregnant and have to say i haven't noticed any difference ^^

I'm on iron tablets, one a day. Seem to have stopped me feeling as tired but am still a bit tired now and again

Hi Layla

I have been on them since having bloody Rebecca and still feel no different, I was on the same dose as u, now down to 2 (well when I actually take them!)

The only thing they effect is my bowels-poo's are like bricks sometimes! Sorry tmi!

Hope they work for you soon tho

xx

I was on 100mg iron tablets for the 2nd Tri, the only thing I noticed them doing for me was my poo was jet black (sorry if TMI!)

What symptoms did you have? I'm wondering if i could be aneamic. Am very tired, have no energy at all. Keep getting headaches and migraines aswell. Feel really hungover and unwell! Doctor has signed me off work so i can rest, if i'm no better next week got to have full bloods done.

^^ Thats the exact symptoms of anaemia hun!x

Which ones are you on??

Im on 200mg of ferrous sulphate, i have to take 1, 3 times a day.

So far im not really feeling any benifits from them, im still soooooooo tired.

How long do they take to kick in?? been taking them for a while now

Thanks

x

im on 3 a day same as u, i been on them bout 6weeks.
dont seem to make anydifference :( been told i gotta have a blood transfusion after baby now cos im only like 7 or something when they tested my iron levels :(

I am on Iron tablets..

They made me feel absolutely terrible. I was constantly feeling sick, tired and withdrawn.
I was suffering terribly with the Anemia. I was taking them 3 times a week, plus with the extra iron in my prenatal vitamins. I thought I'd never be able to continue taking them. It concerned my other half to no end. Eventually my body adjusted to them, and I am fine with them.. However, it takes up to 6-8 weeks for a new bloodline to flush through. So it'll take up to 6-8 weeks to benefit from the Iron tablets.

You won't feel a great difference, however you and your baby will benefit from taking them. That is all that matters...and the feeling crappy? That'll soon pass. Now that my levels are back up and looking good, I am on 1/2 tablets.

I am on Ferrous Sulfate 325mg.

Oh..and try not to have anything caffeinated on the days you take them, as it can cancel out the dose. So put the cup of tea down. :(

And they can/will make you constipated..and produce black iron filled stools.

I cant take the normal iron tablets- sulphate thingies, I take ferrograd folic which seem to be stronger.They do help me sleep strangely- I suffer from restless leg syndrome and they help with that- the only thing is they give diahorrea, but I guess you cant have everything!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->