Anyone on labour watch?

Welcome ladies! I truly hope you are holding your LOs before you know it! Ladders good on you for dtd, I cannot mentally or physically get anywhere near that... I have been walking a lot, in fact I woke with sore legs today :( I think if I were for certain I would have a baby at the end of the deed, at this point I would.... but my body is doing nothing. In 20 minutes I go for my NST, I am sure all is fine with the baby because he moves so much. Today has been a crappy day where I am trying to kill the voice in my head that says "I can't do one more day, let alone another hour"... my husband has been sweet. He told me you've done 9 months, you've got this... 3 more days. Sadly, I'm not sure if they are going to do anything in three days... I will ask today. Anyway, I hope to hear some baby news from you ladies soon! take care! gypsy, anything? I'm hoping for you too! :)

Hello ladies it's 7.30pm in the UK and iv been having contractions since 2pm. Weirdly all in my back but I can see my stomach tense as they come and they are bloody painful. Waters not burst but I'm hoping this is it. Rang the labour ward and they are not coming quick enough or lasting long enough for me to go in. Fingers crossed this is it and if it is I'm blaming dtd last night and the four mile walk i did with the dog this morning

Yeah Ladders, I hope you have a good l&d and that you and your baby are healthy and cuddling very soon! Exciting!!! :)

My non stress test went well, my baby is doing great... I will be induced Sunday if nothing happens...

Hope this is it for you Ladders! Any increase in contractions yet? Ooh it's exciting!

No still nothing for me Catmat. Had 2 contractions yesterday about 20 mins apart and then nothing else. Going in for my pre-op assessment this afternoon and then 3 more days til my section. Might even try dtd tonight to see if that kick starts things. Although I agree with you that mentally and physically it is the last thing in my mind at the minute. Might buy a pineapple too, I'll try anything at this point! Glad your stress test went well, hope baby gets a move on for you before you get induced. If you do make it to induction we may end up with our babies on the same day!

Hello ladies it's 7.30pm in the UK and iv been having contractions since 2pm. Weirdly all in my back but I can see my stomach tense as they come and they are bloody painful. Waters not burst but I'm hoping this is it. Rang the labour ward and they are not coming quick enough or lasting long enough for me to go in. Fingers crossed this is it and if it is I'm blaming dtd last night and the four mile walk i did with the dog this morning

Yay! That's exciting news!! Keep us updated! :happydance:

Hi everyone, I hope since ladders is quiet it means wonderful baby news! :)

Gyspy, I am like you, nothing here, not even a real contraction.... my husband is convinced Sunday is the day, which I can't argue at this point... so yes there's a great chance we'll share birthdays! That's encouraging and it's only 2 days now! It is really nice to have a final date. We're so close!

For two days i have had loads of shooting pains down in my bits :haha: Since yesterday i have had awful nagging back ache. Last night laying in bed i had three contractions starting in my back and i was getting quite hopeful, but it came to nothing and i fell asleep!

Today i have had a really heavy tummy feeling, pooped lots and have a really achey lower tummy muscle. It seems like i'm getting loads of new feelings but they're not really amounting to anything and they seem to wear off. This is really frustrating!

I have to share, I just got home from my clinic appt and the doctor wanted to induce me. Today. Oh the joy! She said I am open and soft enough, my cervix is mid position... but when the intern went to the nurses they said they didn't have enough working today, boo hoo hoo, so back to Sunday for an induction... two days, I can do it! I can do it....

Oh no, bet you were so excited when they suggested yesterday. Almost there now though! Bad news for me yesterday, I went to the hospital for my pre-op assessment and it turns out that even though they'd wrote in my notes 2nd Feb for my section, they'd booked me in on the system for 4th Feb and can't get me in any earlier as they're now fully booked :( I actually felt like crying when she told me, my husband started paternity leave yesterday and we had everything organised for my daughter to be looked after from Sunday night. I know it's only 2 extra days but I was mentally prepared to be holding my baby on Monday and to be back home with my family by Wednesday.

For two days i have had loads of shooting pains down in my bits :haha: Since yesterday i have had awful nagging back ache. Last night laying in bed i had three contractions starting in my back and i was getting quite hopeful, but it came to nothing and i fell asleep!

Today i have had a really heavy tummy feeling, pooped lots and have a really achey lower tummy muscle. It seems like i'm getting loads of new feelings but they're not really amounting to anything and they seem to wear off. This is really frustrating!

I know exactly what you mean. I've been getting the heavy feeling, the shooting pains down below and the aching tummy muscles too but despite a lot of false starts nothing seems to be happening. I'm cutting a pineapple up tonight to see if that gets me anywhere.

I know exactly what you mean. I've been getting the heavy feeling, the shooting pains down below and the aching tummy muscles too but despite a lot of false starts nothing seems to be happening. I'm cutting a pineapple up tonight to see if that gets me anywhere.

Absolutely NOTHING today!!! :dohh:

Ditto! Looks like we have the same due date, I'm 39+1 today too. Been aching loads when walking around but apart from that - absolutely nothing! :(

Oh no gypsy! I am so sorry. It is so hard mentally. You plan for this day.... I have to say when the doctors were taking about inducing right away it made me so excited and was such a let down when the nurses said no. At least it was a short lived let down. If I get to the hospital tomorrow and they delay me I will cry! Like you, I have family taking care of my kids and everything set up for tomorrow. I want to get this impending pain over and done with too. Mentally I can handle it now but if it gets delayed again :( anyway, I hope things get sorted for you, sorry! Hugs.

I just wanted to say that I too am at a standstill with the labor watching, but I did talk to my ob yesterday about the lightening crotch and he said that it is caused by a combination of LO hitting the pubic bone and the cervix, which is slightly reassuring as for that contact to be being made LO at the very least has to be coming down and trying to engage. Though engagement is not a sure fire sign of impending labor, it is encouraging to know that things are at least moving along...

Oh no gypsy! I am so sorry. It is so hard mentally. You plan for this day.... I have to say when the doctors were taking about inducing right away it made me so excited and was such a let down when the nurses said no. At least it was a short lived let down. If I get to the hospital tomorrow and they delay me I will cry! Like you, I have family taking care of my kids and everything set up for tomorrow. I want to get this impending pain over and done with too. Mentally I can handle it now but if it gets delayed again :( anyway, I hope things get sorted for you, sorry! Hugs.

Thanks! I suppose it's only 2 more days, at least I don't have to wait an extra 2 weeks like I did with my daughter. Almost there :)

Good luck for your induction today, hope it's as quick and painless as possible for you and you have your baby in your arms by the end of the day x

I just wanted to say that I too am at a standstill with the labor watching, but I did talk to my ob yesterday about the lightening crotch and he said that it is caused by a combination of LO hitting the pubic bone and the cervix, which is slightly reassuring as for that contact to be being made LO at the very least has to be coming down and trying to engage. Though engagement is not a sure fire sign of impending labor, it is encouraging to know that things are at least moving along...

Yeah it is a bit reassuring when you get pains, etc. I got absolutely nothing with my first pregnancy, not one single braxton hick during 42 weeks of pregnancy so it does reassure me a bit that I'm getting so much this time. I'm running out of time now though, if she's making her way down she needs to do it quicker :) x

I was stopped in my tracks when shopping today - by Braxton Hicks!! I was huffing and puffing and i just had to stop. I got my phone out and pretended to be texting :rofl:

Having lots of contractions with very slight discomfort, but they always fade, and no more back pain for the last several days! Nothing in the way of bloody show or mucous plug, but i didn't with my first, so can't say i am expecting anything like that this time.

Just waiting, waiting, waiting!

Well I am home from the hospital, I have cervidil in me. The baby is doing very well, I have been on a NST for 2 hours. No real contractions yet. So I am home waiting until contractions or 8pm tonight when the next step will be done. I will move on to breaking my waters or the drip. My cervix is ready to go, it's just baby is still somewhat high... I am so excited, I cannot wait for this little guy to be here!!! It's going to be so soon!!! I can't wait to hold him. :)

Well I am home from the hospital, I have cervidil in me. The baby is doing very well, I have been on a NST for 2 hours. No real contractions yet. So I am home waiting until contractions or 8pm tonight when the next step will be done. I will move on to breaking my waters or the drip. My cervix is ready to go, it's just baby is still somewhat high... I am so excited, I cannot wait for this little guy to be here!!! It's going to be so soon!!! I can't wait to hold him. :)

:happydance: Ahhh you are so close now!!!

I keep getting so excited at Braxton Hicks which are very uncomfortable, with slight pain in my pelvis, and then i remember it's just because i need the toilet :dohh: Then they just return to usual BH! :dohh:

Hi ladies sorry it's taken me so long to update it's been a bit of a whirlwind weekend!
Am very very pleased and relived to let you know that Etta Olivia was born safely on Friday at 5.07pm weighing 6 pounds 9 ounces.
She's absolutely beautiful and I'm so so overwhelmed with how much I love her already.
Hope you are all closer to having your little bundles in your arms x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->