Anyone on sbsolute rest, who would love to kill time with me?

pola17

Reaction score
Hey gals!

Because I have low hcg, but are increasing, and seems like im earlier in my pregnancy than we think, my OB/GYN asked me to do this absolute rest until sunday... however, I have an appointment with him today!

I can only stand up to go to the bathroom... I watched a total of 4 movies, 4 hours of the simpsons, 2 hours of friends re runs, 6 hours of the big bang theory, cake boss, and many other cooking programs... Im bored! :haha:
But Id do anything to save this baby!

My doctor is optimistical, he prescribed me progesterone supplements, that I have to apply vaginally, and I have my hopes up, it will help baby grow!

Anyone else in the same situation and bored? :haha:

Please, come and talk to me! Time is going slow!!! :dohh:

Ugh, so sorry to hear that.

I've always thought a few days of ordered rest would be heaven, but I think it would drive me batty, too!

You could always get Words With Friends and challenge random people (same thing with Draw Something, if you're in to that)...

I highly recommend the blogs "Regretsy" and "Pinstrosity" for some real hilarity...

Sorry you're so bored - at least it's only until Sunday, though, right? Light at the end of the tunnel and everything?

lol, I guess!

Today my ob/gyn will tell me if until sunday is enough, or I need more! :haha:

Not a bad idea to re take draw something!

I cant find anything on TV! lol!

Thanks for writing! I need to get myself entertained! :happydance:

My fingers are crossed for you and your sanity that Sunday is enough!!

Can someone bring you crayons and a coloring book? Sounds silly, but I find they're a fun way to kill time.

Lol, I dont think so! All my friends and relatives live in another city! :wacko:

I'm watching super nanny while crying... I cry when the kids get grounded and then apologize to the mom and tell her they love her and kiss her..... :rofl: ohhh, the pregnancy hormones! :haha:

I'm not on bed rest, but my sister was with my nephew for 2 months at the end of her first pregnancy. OY! I'm assuming you're on a laptop... Try playing some online games, like on Pogo.com! That can be a real time killer. I can play hours of Spades and Scrabble without getting bored. lol

Good luck with that baby!!!!!!

Thanks for the ideas! :happydance:

Yes, I'm on my laptop all day!

My appointment is in 2 hours, and 45 minutes!!! :)

I've never heard of bedrest in the first tri? I don't know that it would do any good as your cervix doesn't really have any pressure on it. If the progesterone is going to work I don't think you need bedrest with it. I'm guessing at some point I'll be put on it with the twins.

I don't know either, but he asked me for. I saw another doctor for a second opinion, and went to the ER for a third opinion, and they all agreed I need bed rest. Now it has even been extended until Wednesday.

On that day, I'll get another blood test. He wants to make sure it's not really an ectopic.

That's why I'm very confused and scared.... That's why I need distraction to not think about this.

I'm glad it's not just me getting bored, my bp is very low and I tend to wake up on the floor of random places so I've been told to take it very easy :(. I'm making the angel for the Xmas tree and doing quilting :).
Internet games are cracking as long as there free :). X

You're fainting?

I'd love to see a pic of your Christmas tree once it's done! :happydance:

Ive found some games, but the people I play with, are usually busy!

I'm watching extreme make over, home edition... In waiting to scream "move that bus!!!!" :happydance:

Yep I tend to wake up in really weird places, the other day it was boots floor :(. What games you on? If u want some company till you get the all clear just yell :). Xxx

Oh, it must be scary! :hugs: hope the fainting ends soon!!! :hugs:

At the moment, I'm digging draw something! :happydance:

I used to play song pop too, but I can download it again!!!

Wow, looking back at topics like this makes me realize how far my baby and I have gone!

My bed rest was over by the time we reached the 9th week milestone, but still I'm thinking of leaving a few words of encouragement for girls on bed rest and not knowing what's going to happen!

So I'm happy to let you know I'm 24 weeks, expecting a healthy baby boy.
Back then, I didn't know much about pregnancy, but I discovered how common bed rest can be prescribed at first tri, specially to girls wo had hematoma like me!
My dr said the bed rest and progesterone would help the baby and the blood causing the hematoma to be absorbed. He did say that if a pregnancy is not meant to continue, even tho you take progesterone, it will end eventually!

I followed those orders fearing the worst, but thankfully things ended up well!!

Never lose hope!

And thanks to all girls who replied here! You helped me distract during those very boring days! :flower:

Thank you!!! While I was on bed rest, I googled and found many topics in here with girls in similar situations as mine, but topic went inactive and never really knew what happened! :haha:
So I thought maybe updating can bring hope to other girls as well! :thumbup:

BTW, I remember you from another topic, maybe a couple of years ago!!!

if you check my bnb profile, you´re ammong my friends! :haha:
I´m sure I know you from these groups on bnb from years ago while TTC, but I don´t remember from which topic! :dohh:

Now I´m obsessed! LOL!!!!

I saw that we are friends!

Were you on the over 30 thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back