Anyone over 30, house, and good job and still waiting ??

Hi and welcome!
I can't really say I'm in the same situation as I'm still in my twenties and finaces are definetely a reason to wait for us. But I can understand that you want some time "to yourselves" before starting a family. Guess it depends a lot on how many children you plan as well. I'm hoping for three so I'm feeling the pressure to get started...

Me and OH waited 9 months after getting married before moving over to ttc even though we are both mid 30's. I had a house before we met and we are fine $$ wise. We wanted some 'us' time and a trip to somewhere in Europe (so OH could use his passport for the first time ever). We just got back from Ireland and are now ttc #1.

I wouldn't call that "selfish" at all. If you don't want a baby just yet then you don't want a baby just yet. End of story. I think having a baby when you're not ready, that's selfish.

But if I was you I'd try to get out of that "once I'm pregnant my life ends" mindset. Yeah you'll have to go easy with some things for a little while but you can still have fun. And it's not like you suddenly turn into your own mum the second you become pregnant.

I am 32, married, a rent free house for as long as we want it, money saved... just waiting to be with less anxiety...

Over in TTC Buddies, we started a group specifically for 30+ ttc #1 (called Fashionably Late), there are over 30 gals in that group. So, there are a lot of us in our 30's (and sometimes 40's) who waited till later for various reasons.

We don't have our own house yet (and no prospect of it while we're down south), but we're also in our early 30s, with good jobs and waiting a while. I'd like to save up a bit of money first so that I can take longer maternity leave, but we're already in quite a good position to start a family. We're waiting until the end of the year as we recently got married too. So our reasons are part financial (have a small credit card debt that I'd like to pay off first), but also partly having a year of married life together before we start trying.

I'm not quite over 30, although DH is, but have been married for over 6 years and we own a home. Didn't really have the baby bug until last year but at that point we were still trying to decide on what our longer term goals would be. Now aiming for TTC in October to give us time to save some money for baby/covering maternity leave/other longer term plans... however since our plans seem to change every six months or so who knows what will happen...

Not quite in my 30s (I turn 30 in December) but I'm married (for 10.5 months), own a flat, good income and so on. We also just want a bit of time to ourselves. We do want kids, but we're both just not quite ready for it yet. In some respects just a bit too selfish to want to share my husband really :lol: Plus we've only been together just over three years (including the year of marriage) so I don't really feel like we've had much time together yet, and we're just starting to feel really settled with each other and our lives.

We'd also like to have a house before we start ttc-ing as well, which isn't going to be the easiest thing at the moment.

I'm now 30, married last August, DH has a good job, and we own a place here in Norfolk (bought cheap and currently renovating) and one down in Essex, so yes, that's us!

Since getting wed we have waited because DH wanted to get this place finished off and also because he wanted one last scuba diving trip!

don't really feel like we've had much time together yet, and we're just starting to feel really settled with each other and our lives.

Definitely! Make the most of each other :friends:. (We've been together for just over 5 years now, so I don't mind sharing hubby).

Having a baby will be one of our last things to do for a while!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->