Anyone ovulate cd20 and beyond and still end up pregnant?

wildchic

Mom of 1 + Twins
Reaction score
Hi Ladies:)

Just want to know if any of you ovulated late in your cycle(cd20 and beyond) and ended up pregnant?

I've read a lot about bad egg quality and the lining gets to thin if you're a late o'er. Is there any truth to this?

I'm currently on cd22, got a smiley face on cd19, but my temps are still low. I'm worried that I won't ovulate or I'll ovulate late and I won't get pregnant!

Any advice/experiences will be appreciated:)

Know what? This is really interesting. All year we've been BD'ing around cd14 as advised by endless sources. And yet this month, we did it late and I'm pregnant!

I've been wondering if I ovulate late for a while now!

With DD1 I ovulated on CD20 and fell pregnant, with DD2 it was CD29 and this time probably around CD40, though yet to be confirmed when I find out how far along I actually am. With DD1 it took me 14 months to fall pregnant, but I fell pregnant the 2nd time I ovulated. With DD2 it took me 8 months, with 1 miscarriage in that period and on the 3rd time I ovulated. This time around it was the 2nd time I ovulated after having given birth, or well, assuming I ovulated the first time as all I know for certain is that I had a period.

It's most definitely possible to fall pregnant later on in a cycle, and my cycles run loooong due to PCOS. Don't know if there's any truth in quality, but for me I'd say it doesn't ring true

Just barely, my conception cycle O was cd 21! And exactly in line with my dating scan.

Thanx ladies:)

It makes me feel relieved to know that it is possible! I was really worried!

Thanx and H+H pregnancy to all of you:)
(Hope I'll get my bfp soon:))

We dtd on cd 19 this past month so I definitely ovulated late also (I wasn't tracking it this month). I have also heard that the quality of the egg gets worse later in the cycle, but there are so many women who end up pregnant and go on to have healthy babies when ovulating late.

I didn't ovulate until somethog like cd31 and I am now apparently over 8weeks. So it can hapen! :D As for the egg quality I see it as if you don't ovulate one month but do the next how is that any healthier of an egg than releasing an egg later. My midwife didn't say thete would be any more issue. Hope you have a happy pregnancy! :) x

I ovulated on CD21 when I got pregnant with DD last year. With my current pregnancy I wasn't tracking but my cycle was averaging around 35 days per month which would fit in with O on CD21 and a 14 day LP! So definitely possible :)

I was on Clomid for 3 cycles before I got pregnant. Each time I went in on day 21 for blood draw and each time it showed no ovulation. The month I got pregnant they did a draw on day 21 and day 24 but it showed that I didn't ovulate. The doctor said there was no chance this cycle and to call as soon as I got my period to start next Clomid cycle.

I called on day 36 to say I spotted and got the go ahead to start the next round. I decided to check just in case before starting and got an instant BFP! Turned out spotting was implantation bleeding. I ovulated somewhere around day 28. Even my doc's office was shocked I conceived!

Yep trying for my first baby i had 32-34 day cycles and ovulated day 20 or later (based on the pee stick things)

Thanx to all the other ladies I haven't thanked yet:). It just shows that 'google' is not your friend when it comes to this sort of thing! Glad to know that it can happen!

And a huge congrats to you all:)

It can *definitely* happen. I wasn't charting, but I ovulated at roughly CD40 :flower: I've always ovulated late and had a really short LP of 6-12 days. Keep the faith, and tell Dr Google where to stick it :haha:

I'm pregnant with my second and both times I ovulated on CD41 (yes, really!), I've ovulated at different times in my cycle from day 14 to day 41 but I got both of my BFP's from my longest ever cycles!

Dr. Google and certainly some real doctors don't seem to know what they're talking about. Based on my first ultrasound I ovulated on CD 35 so it's definitely not true about not being able to conceive with longer cycles. Wishing lots of baby dust on you.:dust:

Me! I'm a late ovulator usually between cd22-28. I've fallen pregnant three times now relatively quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->