Anyone planning a VBAC/already had one?

RayeAnne

Reaction score
Definitely planning a vbac this time around. I've had one vaginal birth and one c-section and I'm planning a vbac this time around.

My c-section was scheduled due to my previous delivery of a big baby that took forever to come out and a 4th degree tear. Honestly though, I blame the hospital. My baby was only 8.4. My water started leaking and they immediately gave me pitocin and rushed the whole thing. My body wasn't ready to give birth right then. They gave me NO time to progress.
I'm just much more comfortable with what my body is able to do, and allowing it to do just that.

Just wondering if anyone is planning a vbac or already had one?

What makes you a good candidate?

Im giving serious thought to one.
not sure which way Im going at the moment
I had emcs with my almost 2 year old daughter as she was a big baby (11 lbs 3)and my labour did not progress despite induction at 42 weeks.

I have been booked to see the consultant because of this
I think if I knew I had another large baby Id be terrified to go through all that again and wouldnt have faith that Id be able to do Vbac.

the emcs was traumatic though....not sure what to do/decide - Im going in circles!

I had an emcs first time round (6lb14oz boy) for fetal distress, which apparently was unnecessary, due to a series of errors. I've since had two home births. (8lb9 and 8lb13) and will be home birthing my fourth early May. I had my first vbac 18 months after my section. The NHS were very nervous about the whole thing so we hired an independent midwife. It was lovely.

I have been discussing a vbac with my dr. He is supportive of me giving it a go but I have to get the okay from the surgeon who performed the c/s. It will be 15 months following the section.
I kind of felt like my dr was trying to talk really positively about a repeat c/s maybe so I don't get my hopes up too much :shrug: I don't know maybe I was reading into it too much haha. I am pretty open minded to whatever they recommend though.
RayeAnne Have you spoken with your dr? Are they pretty supportive....especially since you have had a vaginal birth?

I'm going to hopefully attempt a VBAC 6 years after a csection. I've recently found out my csection may not have been as necessary as I was made to believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->