Anyone planning on NOT vaccinating your baby?

Really interesting Natsku, thanks for the link!

I dont have any allergies that are very serious, just a nickel allergy, so I probably wouldnt, but it could save lives in people who have anaphylactic reactions. If anything serious ran in my family I would definately take my kids to get vaccinated. It really would be amazing if they manage to create it!

I hope they manage to make it, it does sound promising. Maria has a lot of allergies and if she hasn't outgrown them by the time (if) it comes out then I would consider getting her the vaccine.

That's really interesting!

I don't think I'd get it or give it to my LO, though. Maybe if she develops a severe allergy. I have quite a few moderate allergies (cats, dust, pollen) but none have really greatly affected my life in any way. I couldn't stay more than a few hours at a friends' house if they had cats, but that was really the worst of it. My dust allergy also means I never have to do the dusting or clean my hedgehog's cage so I kind of actually win with that one. ;)

As much as I am pro-vaccine I don't think I see an allergy vaccine as being necessary (again, unless it's severe) kind of like I don't give LO the flu shot because I'm not sure the benefits outweigh the risk all that much.

Yeah I think it really depends on the severity and the type. I have very mild hayfever (much milder since pregnancy for some reason) so I wouldn't get it for myself but Maria is allergic to dairy eggs and soya (at least, citrus and paprika too but very mild) which limits her food options so much that the benefits might outweigh the risks depending on how clinical trials turn out (if it gets that far)
If they could invent a gluten intolerance vaccine I would get that in an instant!

Came across this when I was looking up some other vaccine stuff https://www.forbes.com/sites/jennif...ists-discover-vaccine-to-eliminate-allergies/

Would be amazing if they do manage to create an allergy vaccine! Would anyone go for this vaccine if it comes out? (for yourselves or your child)

Yes, maybe! I mean, likely! I am allergic to shllfish. My son is allergic to kiwi fruit. We are both get swelling of mouth, throat, tounge. I hate reading food labels and worrying avout it at pot luck functions, carrying EpiPens ect.

An injection and no more hay fever... Where do I sign?

My hay fever has been dreadful recently dam grass pollen and I can't really take anything right now...

Yes would definitely allow lily to have an anti allergy vax should it ever become available. She randomly went into anaphylaxis in January after eating white fish and although she's been allergy tested and we avoid white fish now, I am shit scared of it happening again with something else.

i find it baffling how alot of people in 3rd world countries would vaccinate for all these diseases if they could yet we being given them free say No.

Nobody here is condemning those who cannot get immunizations for reasons such as you are describing. In fact, it is to protect children like yours that herd immunity needs to be achieved. :shrug:

Sorry, I should have pointed out that the last paragraph of that post wasn't aimed at this post, it was aimed at the general public who have been 'having a go' since we made up our mind. To the point I no longer tell people what she's had when asked.

Believe me, I thank my lucky stars that the majority of people are sensible enough to immunise. It means that Niamh has freedom to go to play school and the park etc without me panicking every time I see a child looking fairly unwell.

I will however hold my hands up and say at one point I was anti vax.

Because of Niamh and my partner's medical histories I, obviously, investigated. And then I found the horror stories. And people like certain posters on here sprouting misinformed information and scaremongering those like me who have to make a choice.
So then I decided to cut out the middle man and go to several pharmaceutical companies to see what's in them and find official figures. My doctor found me exact figures for my area and for people with previous histories.

And I beg that people on here do the same. Don't listen to either side. Do enough research of YOUR OWN. Until you are comfortabke with what you've decided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->