• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone Planning Without Actually Being Asked "The Question" Yet??

LeoTheLion

Reaction score
So OH hasn't actually asked me yet, but as he is going in the army we need to be married to live in Marriage Quarters so We have talked about it & it is going to happen but when I don't know?!!
Doesn't stop me planning tho :))
He does not know I'm planning but knowing him he will propose a week before being posted somewhere we will be moving too lol :)

Eekkkk how exciting that you know it's going to happen just not when!
Deffo get planning away, it can't do any harm to be a little prepared for when he does pop the question, it will make things a lot easier!

Good luck :)

Yes lol. Neither of us are fans of long engagements and are wanting to be engaged for no longer than a year so we need the money before we get engaged. Right now we're in the process of saving and when OH gets his money from being made redundant illegally (no notice just told he didn't have a job to come to the next day) we will pretty much have saved what we need. So I have been "planning" the wedding (not actually booking anything) so I know how much things are going to cost us so I know how much we need to save. xx

How exciting, what 'kind' of wedding are you having? Do you know where yet? X

I'm wanting a summer wedding with a peaches and cream colour scheme. I want it at a hotel nearby called ox pasture it's beautiful and you can have the ceremony outside if the weather plays along lol x

Duh, of course! LOL

My OH and I are a special case (aren't we all? haha). We are both 29 and met in the dorms in college in 2001. We fell in love and started dating late in 2002. We were 19 y.o. and having a blast in college and figuring life out. :cloud9:

Fast forward to about 3-4 years ago, we started to really talk about marriage and the future. We both knew we'd be together, but we wanted things to be "perfect". ::sigh:: Let me tell you now, just like trying to plan to TTC, there is almost no "perfect" time. So we waited, and set priorities and then time slipped away. We were planning to get married last Fall but he didn't get the job wanted and is still struggling to find work. He just graduated with his M.B.A. (Master's in Business Administration) and all he wants to do is get a decent job and then fast forward our life with marriage and TTC asap. (Sounds good to me!). So we've been looking at rings and as of last weekend started looking at venues online. We narrowed our choices down, now we just have to visit the spots to see if its what we want.

So yes, we have started scouting out our wedding plans (although, I've been doing that for over a year LOL). When we sat down last weekend he said he was surprised I didn't already have "Option A", "Option B" and "Option C" picked out yet. hahaha I told him I didn't want him to think I was totally nuts. He laughed and didn't question the topic anymore. haha

If he only knew I've already started writing down the guest list! :dohh:

Yay! I'm glad I'm not the only one!
OH told me he wants me to have what I want for our wedding, but I have no idea what that is.. That's what started me thinking about all this. Then, when we really started talking engagement (in the next couple months or so EEK! :) ) I decided it was time to do some research.
We want an outdoor rustic/country/romantic wedding with lots of candles and lights and family :)

We won't have a big budget so planning on a registry ceremony in Chester then our local pub is lovely with a huge garden so will have a meal for family and friends then night do with buffet :) I want a shabby chic/country theme. Very relaxed :))

Yeah we can only have the hotel if we save like mad otherwise it will be a registry office wedding with an evening reception only at the local conservative club. But my sister did this for her wedding and it was one of the best weddings I have been to. I prefer more relaxed weddings to be honest I just love the hotel and have always dreamt of having my wedding outside and it's the only place nearby you can xx

Good to know that im not alone.
So I know that he is going to ask soon, We had a very long talk the other week, about marriage and babies and stuff, mainly because his sister is pregnant and it got us to thinking about what we want for the future. And cause I would like to be married before we have kiddies.
We were casualy looking at rings the other day and I pointed out the styles I like.
So I think its just a matter of waitng for him 'to ask'. But I have just been looking around at some of the nice places around where we are, just getting an idea of prices for stuff, just so I have a rough idea how much were gonna spend. I have decide I would like white and teal as my colour scheme though.

Attachments

• bridesmaids-teal-peacock-bouquets-aileen-tran.jpg
    bridesmaids-teal-peacock-bouquets-aileen-tran.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 3
Good to know that im not alone.
So I know that he is going to ask soon, We had a very long talk the other week, about marriage and babies and stuff, mainly because his sister is pregnant and it got us to thinking about what we want for the future. And cause I would like to be married before we have kiddies.
We were casualy looking at rings the other day and I pointed out the styles I like.
So I think its just a matter of waitng for him 'to ask'. But I have just been looking around at some of the nice places around where we are, just getting an idea of prices for stuff, just so I have a rough idea how much were gonna spend. I have decide I would like white and teal as my colour scheme though.

That was the colour scheme I originally wanted but I got hooked on pinterest and my entire dream wedding changed haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->