Anyone plus size and ttc?? Want a buddy?? 2 bfp's so far

lisalou31

Reaction score
Hi ya im looking for plus size people ttc, all the info on the internet says that people who are obese have trouble getting pregnant because they have irregular cycles or dont ovulate... I want to know your experiances with ttc and being overweight.
I'll start off im lisa im 32 and have regular cycles of either 27 or 30 days my LP is 14 days so when i ovulate i know that 14 days later is when AF is due, im a size 24 :( ideally i would love to be slimmer but i really want to be a mum and feel now is the time.

Congratulation to Braven05 and Moonmelody on their bfp's :happydance:

Hey Lisa, I hear that fact all the time, but i'm a little on the hefty side..I get pregnant I just cant stay pregnant! dont lose hope :dust:

Would definately be up for buddying. I too am 'obese'. Have lost 2 stone already which has helped to make cycles much more regular than they were. Have been waiting to try for a few years now for loads of different reasons but really feel that this is the right time for us. We know that my weight can pose some risks but feel that it is quite often blown out of proportion.

We are actively TTC and really can't wait to get that BFP. Would be great to chat to those in a similiar situation.

x

PS. I would recommend a thread on here in general discussions entitled 'any big mommas out there' which is full of positive, inspirational plus sized and pregnant ladies with sensible down to earth advice.

I am overweight and TTC as well. First thing my gyn said to me when I went to see him was "Lose weight." Nice. I weigh a LOT less than I used to! Anyways, I'd like a buddy! How long have you been TTC for? I'm on my 4th cycle since stopping birth control.

Hey gals!
I want a buddy. My cycle days are 32 to 35
usually ovulating around cycle day 23
I just started taking soy pills this cycle. Hoping it will bring earliar ovulation!

[admin edited]

All press and research relatedposts must be placed here:

https://www.babyandbump.com/press-research/

Hi ya im looking for plus size people ttc, all the info on the internet says that people who are obese have trouble getting pregnant because they have irregular cycles or dont ovulate... I want to know your experiances with ttc and being overweight.
I'll start off im lisa im 32 and have regular cycles of either 27 or 30 days my LP is 14 days so when i ovulate i know that 14 days later is when AF is due, im a size 24 :( ideally i would love to be slimmer but i really want to be a mum and feel now is the time.

Im plus size 20. Name's kelly Hello lisa :thumbup:I have reg cycles 28 days. Im not sure when i ovulate but im test this week. Ment to be fri i think if im 14 day's lets see...... Im already a mum to my 7yr old daughter from previous partner. Been with my OH for 5 years now. He's a lovely dad too :happydance: I now feel it's the time to have another

I'm NTNP at the moment, and will be TTC officially starting next cycle, which starts on the 26th of this month! :happydance:
I'm not very overweight, but am still considered so. I'm 5'3'' and weigh 11 stone (about 153 pounds.) I wear a UK size 12, and sometimes a 14 if the clothes run a wee bit small.
Now that I know I'm going to TTC soon, I'm upping my exercise regime and cutting out sweets and caffeine. Not easy, but it'll help! :winkwink:

wow! i am glad i am not alone!
i too am a big girl - size 20!

myself and dh have been TTC for 29 months but have only managed 2 bfp's but lost the babies. i am on clomid but not working as cycle is to irregular. and dh works off-shore! so it makes it harder when TTC... :/

hey ladies i am a size 20
i have already had 3 :bfp: but sadly lost all 3
me and hubby are stopping ttc for 2 months to let my body heal
so im trying to loose as much weight as possible
i can get pregnant easily and peroids are normal
one of my pregnancies lasted till 6 months with twins the other 2 times was only 4 weeks and 5 weeks but the doctors have told me not to worry about the 4 week one as most people wouldnt even know they were pregnant he said only worry if its 5 weeks plus but i wasnt even leaving a month been pregnancies

so im letting my body heal and then trying again around xmas
good luck to you's

also more advice i got from studying i am a trainee midwife (so any questions just ask)
is if you go to the gym,swimming or walking at least 30 mins everyday it will help you by 9% of getting normal cycles also avoiding caffeine and Ibuprofen

good luck

I too am a size 20. Been TTC for 5 years. Ive been preggers twice sadly lost both at about 5 weeks. I have regular cycles..28 day like clockwork every stinking month. I OV just fine on my own but it is a weak OV since I have a Luteal Phase Defect..My progesterone drops too low too quickly..Im gettin ready to start round 2 of clomid to help stregthen OV hopefully producing more progesterone so it can stay high enough to switch to actual progesterone when I become pregnant again. Other than that theres nothing wrong with me..oh names Cassie.

Hey I am 26 and I am also overweight! I would love a BUDDY!!! I am TTC number 3 buts its the hardest thing in the world to achieve. I started my first round of clomid 11/2010 hopefully this works.

Love to be your buddy!!!

I used to be about a size 18 (14/16 US) when I had my boys so rather large :haha: got preg easy though even at that size

Now swing between 12/14 but older boo hoo so could have troubles from that aspect

I think long as you ovulate ok and regular you'll be fine

:flower:

:wave: hello!
i am medically classed as obese, when personally i look at myself as just carrying extra weight.
I am a uk 16 (was an 18 3 weeks ago!) and am slimming down hopefully to a 14 in time for my wedding in january.
ive had two pregnancies, first 1 resulting in two gorgeous babies who are now striving even though i was told because of my weight i WOULD have a difficult pregnancy and i WOULD go into preterm labour. hhhmmm me thinks they were fibbing as i had quite an easy pregnancy apart from severe morning sickness and ended up having a planned section at 39 weeks as there was no way i would go into labour naturally due to how one of them was lying! - at the time my bmi was 32 and i weighed 14st 9lbs all through my pregnancy even thoug hmy belly got bigger and bigger!
my second pregnancy resulted in me loosing my angel in sept at 17 weeks. i was heavier that time though with a bmi of 35 weighing 16st 6 lbs.
i am now 15st on the dot so slowly bringing it back down and my bmi is now 33.
fingers crossed we all get :bfp:'s soon and prove all the synics out there wrong!
and fingers crossed i get to fit into my wedding dress lol :haha: even though i would love that :bfp: now im hoping af turns up this cycle so that i know i have gone back to normal after loosing the baby as this is my first proper cycle after my miscarriage. also i have a gynae appt on the 25th nov to make sure im ok down there lol.
AF should be due tomorrow if my cycles return back to how they were before hand but all i can do is wait and see. knowing my luck as im expecting it it wont show :haha: xx

Hi ladies, I would like a buddy too!!! I just got my Vitex today and I will be starting it next week. I am also overweight and a size 24 and have been told by my doctor to lose weight. Me and my husband got married in October and we are ready to start trying. Please pray for me that the Vitex works for me!!! :baby:

hiya, I am 29 and TTC no 2 with my oh I have a gorgeous 7 year old with my ex husband. I had the mirena for 6 years till it was removed in August. I am a size 24 sometimes 26 depending on the shop the same size as when I had my daughter. Really want to be pregnant both me and oh are taking mummy and daddy to be vitimins, and am trying Opks for first time this month think I shoud ov thiz weekend have had regular 29 day cycles last 3 times. Would love to buddy up x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->