Anyone pregnant and breastfeeding?

doggylover

Mum of 4
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am currently 5+2 with my third baby, and still breastfeeding my 2yr 3mo. I have started to cut him down a lot - mostly by night weaning which I’ve just done this week.

The problem (maybe?) is that when I am feeding him I can feel small cramps in my uterus. I know the breastfeeding does cause uterine cramps anyway, but when I was pregnant with my second and still feeding my first I never had these.

Anyone else have them? I’m scared every time that it will lead to a mc.

I am pregnant with my 3rd and breastfeeding (also breastfed my 1st while pregnant with my 2nd) I don't have any cramps while feeding at least that I've noticed anyway. I typically had some cramping in the early weeks anyway though. If you're concerned it might give you some reassurance to call the Drs office?

In the U.K. (Assuming you're in the US!) Our Drs wouldn't do anything anyway, they were old just say it's normal and there is nothing that they could do to prevent mc anyway.

I didn't have the cramps with my second, which is why I'm finding it odd. I am generally having quite a bit more cramping this time, and I know it's normal, but I think because I'm approaching the gestation I mc my first pregnancy I'm just really anxious in general.

Thanks for replying, and best of luck with your pregnancy!

I will say I was breastfeeding when I had my missed miscarriage too. (I was still bf my first, had the miscarriage, continued to nurse and had my 2nd pregnancy with my daughter). My Dr knew I was nursing and was very explicit in telling me that bf did not cause the miscarriage. I hope that things settle down soon for you for a happy anand healthy 9months ❤

Thank you. I’m sorry to hear about your loss. I know that reasonably it shouldn’t cause a mc, I think I’m just so anxious this time so every little thing is magnified.

I completely get your anxiety! I went in for 12 week heartbeat scan and they couldn't find heartbeat, I had to wait for an ultrasound. This little turkey has an anterior placenta. I totally lost my cool lol hopefully your first appt is soon?

I have a dr appointment on 21st March, but that will just be to get a referral to the hospital. I won’t get a scan or anything until around the 12th April (earliest!)

Such a long wait!

I'm currently pregnant with #4 whilst still feeding but have no problems. I've had 6 mc, all whilst still feeding and tandem feeding, but they were not caused by breastfeeding.

I'm currently tandem feeding 3 and 1 year olds. I tandem fed through my last pregnancy and I breastfed through the last one. All went to term. I did night wean last time bit that was because I couldn't cope with feeding throughout the night.

I’m 4+1 and still breastfeeding my little one who is 19 months. I’ve been breastfeeding for 8 years now (3 children). Never noticed any cramps whilst breastfeeding in the early days. Hope all is ok x

I breastfed 2 children when pregnant and everything was fine. My supply actually dried up at 6 months with my first but she was almost 3 by then. With my second I weaned him when my third was born as was far too stressful at bed times and he was 2 so happy to do that.

Thanks everyone. Have had to wean him (2yrs 3 months) as just the thought was making me feel so sick, the nursing aversion was awful!!! So we went from pretty much on demand feeding (day and night) to totally weaned in about 4 weeks!

That's great that you found a solution! My daughter is still nursing but we have drastically cut down. I'm Hoping she self weans soon

I've been breastfeeding for 5 years, two pregnancies during that time (currently 19 weeks). Never noticed issues or cramping, etc. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->