Anyone REALLY want to try again...but feel scared?

sincerevon

Mom of 1 and newly PG
Reaction score
After my MC, the ONLY thing I thought about was TTC. When my first AF arrived, I was thrilled!! Now that AF's gone, I feel scared to try again. I don't think I can handle another MC. I'll be nervous and worried from the time I get a BFP, until the time I get my first scan, and then I'll just worry, worry, worry throughout the whole pregnancy. Anyone else feel this way??

I know exactly what you mean! I'm trying to stay relaxed and even started to feel excited about getting pregnant again but then it hits me that it may not be that simple and if i do get pregnant whats to say i wont have the same result as last time.

I think when I do get pregnant though, although i will be petrified, I will try my very best to enjoy it and get excited. I would hate to think that I'd wasted months of my life being unhappy! I'm trying to have a 'live for today' type of attitude! Lets hope I can do it!

At the moment my fear is that its going to take too long to fall pregnant again. I'm worried that because we fell much sooner than we expected last time that it was a fluke and now we'll have problems! Its hard to block the negative thoughts from creeping in x

I do... I'm not exactly TTC yet but thinking about it very seriously. And I am scared - like you said, I don't know if I'll be able to handle it if I had another M/C! :( I will definitely be worried, but I am just going to do everything I can to keep myself healthy, well-fed, avoiding toxins, get enough rest, reduce stress... etc etc!! Good luck honey!

I feel like this too girls like I wont be able to let myself get excited next time :( and also I dont think I will be so quick to tell everyone my news and even when I do tell I think il be petrified

xxx

I'm exactly the same too, I think if I'm lucky enough to get pregnant again any little twinge will send me over the edge - I really hope I do get excited again - there's a little bit of me that can't help but get excited about things so hope that takes over - prob wouldn't be till after that 12 week mark

hx

My first mc i was so excited and then i was scared when i conceived my son.. i had a threatened mc with him but everything was ok and then this time i was so excited again. I am trying now and yes like you all i am very scared its just going to end the same way!

i am very scared every month that i could be pregnant again and that it could be taken away from me again just like the last 2 times....its scarey but i have worked soo hard (as everyone else here has) im not willing to give up on my dream...i will be a mum haha

My DH doesn't understand my fear. He constantly talks about, "when we have a baby", "when the baby gets big enough..." etc. I just want to shout to him, "RELAX!!!!!" My innocence has been robbed, but his is still there. I wish.... I feel as though we should take things one step at a time. Right now we're on STEP TTC, and then we'll (hopefully) be on STEP BFP, and then STEP SCAN, and then STEP 12 WEEKS, well, you ladies get my drift. I feel as though I'll have to pace myself throughout my next pregnancy, I just can't see straight to the finish line anymore. It might sound crazy, but I think it's the only thing that will keep me sane next time...

I completely understand your thinking sincerevon! I will be the same. And my OH is exactly the same. Although I think in a weird way its nice that he is thinking about things in such a positive way. If he was all doom and gloom about it too I might end up giving up hope!

At the moment my hubby does not really talk about us getting pregnant again. I think he's frightened now as the innocence has been taken away from both of us but when I'm being negative he says things like "don't be silly - we'll be fine" I know he's right and I suppose I'd prefer him to say those reassuring things rather than "your right, lets give up"

It will all get better for us! It HAS to! x x x x x x x x

i can definatly relate ibut then we cant live like that,we will all be mummys again one day its hard as hell to say this but pma and all that xx :) xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks ladies! I'm actually starting to get excited again. I'm really going to try to keep a PMA this time around. Fingers crossed and baby dust to all of us!

I read the title of this thread and instantly thought "YES!" but like said Danni, positive mental attitude! :) x x

so sorry hun,, i felt the same way to,, my son mckenzie was born stillborn 01/09/08,, then i M.C 7/2/09,, but fell pregnant again in june,, i felt so guilty about being pregnant again but am sure all our lil angels wud like baby brothers/sister to look over, xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->