anyone sad when they get nothing for v day?

catty

Reaction score
After 4 years I should really know by now that il get nothing but I still find it sad when I get nothing not even a card

I got him a card and made a nice meal with pudding, I should really know by now. I dont like going on facebook seeing all the nice things others gets....

After 4 years of him not getting you a card,I wouldnt be wasting money getting him one lol.

We agreed cards only x

He has got me a card before but nothing more. One time I was really angty as he bought me a card and didnt even write anything inside it, maybe its hormomes but im struggling to make any conversation with him tonight.
hes not romantic and tells me he doesnt 'believe' in valentines day so I should just adjust my expectations but I love this kind of thing

For me im glad not to have to do valentines as its quite close to xmas and his birthday was only a week before that. I never know what to get him and im skint so we just dont bother. I think we did the first year but havent since. I got a meal deal from M&S for us to have when lo is in bed.
If i were you i would either say that you sould like to celebrate it or stop treating him.

I think I just get a bit jealous when I see that other people get nice flowers etc iv never had any before. I no not to expect it but stillhope for a card ha.

Since having Claire, we rarely do anything for vday anymore. We're pretty tight for funds so I don't view buying flowers/chocolates/cards as something to do as its a waste of money.

It does suck to look on FB and see people who apparently have disposable income and all the stuff they got from their boyfriends/girlfriends/hubby/wives but such is life. Today was just a regular Friday, like any other day of the week. :)

I never get anything for vday. It doesn't bother me tbh. It's just another day to me.

well, i got nothing either, but we've been together 13 years and i think he ran out of ideas lol

he didnt get me anything for my birthday either, but he said the trip to Vegas counts as a birthday gift, which i didn't think so coz it's a PAID vacation from his boss, so it's not like he spent the time and money to plan this trip! haha

i think we all just want the "thought", even just a card with a hand written message would be wonderful, but men.... hahaha

No, we've decided to not acknowledge it this year. We're looking forward to our first family holiday next month instead.

I'd be upset if I'd made the effort though (and my OH knew I was making an effort) :hugs:

Dont get me wrong i definately dont expect a heap of gifts just a cheap and cheerful £1 card and a bunch of flowers or even a bar of chocolate, less than a fiver.
Seems other people dont mind too much i think it just seems to be only me out of everyone i know that doesnt get so i always feel embarrased when they ask what i got.

Ive been with my oh 5 years and i get nothing and it upsets em cus i always make the effort. It makes me feel that im not loved. Sometimes i do regret getting with him but then i wouldnt of had my kids

Ive been with my oh 5 years and i get nothing and it upsets em cus i always make the effort. It makes me feel that im not loved. Sometimes i do regret getting with him but then i wouldnt of had my kids

:( I guess we should have known the first year haha, the thing is i do things for him i cant be bothered doing so really how much effort is it going to the shop to buy a card if he knows itl make us happy.
Also our sons have the same name! :)

The thing is im not saying go buy a expensive gift. A lovely card is enough u can get them for a quid

No and it's actually our anniversary too. I just don't get the appeal. It's just going out on a date in a crowded restaurant or getting a weird, tacky gift (not really big on flowers or chocolates either). I'll get him a card if I find something funny, but that's about it.

I like the tradition of anonymous cards though; just not the excuse of another gift giving holiday.

Mind you, if I made an effort every year, I'd probably be a little sad that it was never reciprocated. Guess your OH wont be enjoying Steak & BJ day next month!

I think you have to agree to do it or not. Each year we seem to do something different it just so happens we are going for a meal tomorrow as we can get baby sitters and ive got the day off :D but sometimes we dont bother at all, but as long as you both know then you'll feel better about it.

we get each other a card but no pressies. I don't mind, I think it's more the stuff you do for each other the rest of the year that's important.

. Guess your OH wont be enjoying Steak & BJ day next month!

:rofl: Hubby always tries to cash in on it and my stance is the same. No vday stuff, no "steak and a BJ" day stuff either :winkwink: I tell him that we don't need a made up holiday to do stuff like that. :haha:

Generally speaking he's not very impressed. :rofl:

I didn't get anything nor did I expect anything...honestly im a little disappointed but Iv stopped bothering also. He doesn't believe in it x

Neither of us got each other anything. Don't think we did last year either. Instead we spent some time together playing a new game we got earlier this week and that seemed nicer than wasting money on a card or chocolate. I wouldn't have minded getting flowers but I'm not bothered that I didn't.

. Guess your OH wont be enjoying Steak & BJ day next month!

:rofl: Hubby always tries to cash in on it and my stance is the same. No vday stuff, no "steak and a BJ" day stuff either :winkwink: I tell him that we don't need a made up holiday to do stuff like that. :haha:

Generally speaking he's not very impressed. :rofl:

I just kind of distract him from all social media and he almost always forgets :blush: :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->