anyone scared of being burgled

sparkle_1979

Mum to Ruby born Oct 2009
Reaction score
It's something that's been bothering me loads since I now don't have any dogs.

My hubby works on an oil rig and we don't have any direct neighbours. It's really starting to worry me and every little noise sends me into a panic :dohh:

Anyone else worry about this ?

Has it happend to you and what do you have to make your house secure. We have really good doors and windows but does that stop them? x

I do. I check all the doors all loads before I go to bed. All our rooms have sensorsin which show how many people are in each room and the outside have sensors which beeps when someone's at the side if the house the closer they get to my door the more it beeps. We also have cameras linked to the tvs. I hate being in alone. The house nearest to us had there car stolen while they was in they popped the kitchen window out with special suckers.

My family was burgled when I was about 17 - we were all asleep upstairs and were none the wiser until my dad got up in the morning. They managed to jimmy this little window open in the wc.

Honestly, it freaked me out initially, then we stopped worrying so much. They nicked paperwork and my dad had had his wallet stolen a week enforce so try think it was getting stuff for fraud etc.

We do all the usual stuff of lights on timers, good locks on doors and windows but I don't want an alarm as with children and pets - it can be really difficult to live your life! My parents got an alarm after it happened and it was really suffocating.

We have a big dog (Japanese Akita) she's very protective until we tell her it's ok for the person to be in our home. Have you thought about another dog maybe? xx

Petrified but that's cos we have been burgled but I won't go into great detail as it'll frighten you even more. Needless to say, I have to sleep with lights on, hide everything that's personal or valuable before I go to bed and double check doors/windows about 5 times!!

This is one of the reasons I refused to put Sophia in her own room (and still refuse to do so.) I worry someone is going to break in! Atleast if they break in, she can be the first thing I grab.

We live in a "rough" area with high crime rate & I honestly don't worry about being burgaled.. maybe because we don't have anything decent to steal :haha: apart from the ps3 & car key for our 04plate astra.. x

I worry all the time, i always make sure all the windows and the door is locked, i just got a dog aswell but at 9 weeks old hes not much good or scaring burglers yet lmao. Cant you get anouther dog? x

I dont really worry about our things being stolen, its the thought of someone in the house when its just the girls and I. I felt really safe with my doberman. As we travel lots we can't have anymore dogs.

The thought of someone in my home makes me feel sick. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->