Anyone seen anything like this before?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by brunettebimbo, Jan 31, 2011.

1. brunettebimbo

brunettebimbo Mum of 2 Boys!

I've been to the Doctors and have been given a few different creams to try but none have worked so far! I was given Canestan last time and it did go away but it came back twice as bad and now Canestan isn't working :(

It's really itchy!! It was smaller than a 5 pence piece but now it is about the size of 2 50 pence pieces! It looks gross and is so embaressing!!

Attached Files:

2. anna_t

anna_t Well-Known Member

I might be completely wrong as I'm on my itouch so can't see the picture very well. But to me it looks a little bit like ringworm.

3. aob1013

aob1013 Guest

I'm thinking ringworm!

4. brunettebimbo

That's what I originally thought but the Drs have never mentioned that plus would it spread from being itched and isn't that contagious?

5. anna_t

anna_t Well-Known Member

Im not too sure if it can be spread. Why don't you tell your doctor and see what he says if he thinks it could be ringworm?

6. brunettebimbo

I'm going back tomorrow so hopefully she can help.

The reason I don't think it is ringworm is because no-one else has caught it and I have had it since being pregnant?

7. SophiasMummy

SophiasMummy Mummy to Sophia

if it was ringworm it would be perfectly round and if you are itching it and then touching your arms or face etc it will spread. so i dont think its ringworm, have no idea what it could be though have you been prescribed any steroid creams??? they tend to work quite well xx

8. brunettebimbo

Yeh I have but nothing seems to be working, it's getting worse and I hate it :( I have to be careful what I wear because I hate anyone seeing it and I'm pretty sure it grosses Hubby out! :cry:

9. ouchwithNo.2

ouchwithNo.2 Well-Known Member

does it ever flake / itch??
    I had some funny looking patches on my upper arms when I was pregnant and then on my back.
    I showed the pharmacist one day and she said straight away - Ringworm....
    Went to GP, she said straight away not Ringworm but Discoid Eczema (it does look quite similar to ringworm).
    Have a google on images as well - do they tend to join in a circle and go a bit scaly in the middle??
    I was given a mild steroid cream and they went away but they do come back when I eat a lot of dairy (and I never had these issues before).
    x

10. brunettebimbo

Thanks for that! It sounds quite similiar.
    Also we have only had Central Heating since October which apparently makes it worse?
    I've looked at pictures and it does look slightly similiar, I'll mention it to the Doctors and see what they think?

11. CocoaOne

CocoaOne Well-Known Member

My eczema usually looks like this. :flower: