Anyone share their experience with mix feeding and when your period returned?

hopefulfor1st

Mummy to Jace & NTNP #2
Reaction score
Bub has 2x bf and 5-6x ff a day.
I stopped exclusively bfing at 3.5 weeks, bub will be 12 weeks this weekend and still no period!
I don't know wether its the bfing or my pcos. But we want to ttc again soon and I don't want to stop bfing him to sleep if I don't have to, but if its my pcos I may need medication.

Everyone is different, maybe you can talk to your midwife/OB/GP if there are any blood tests you can do to see whether it's BB or PCOS that is delaying your period :)

Good luck!

With DS1 I mostly breast fed until 4 months then gradually increased the number of bottles until he was completely formula fed at around 5 months. My period didn't return until about 6 months.
I would see what happens in the next month or so, your period could well show up since you're only doing a couple of feeds.

i was told your were still fertile even before you get your next period :S this was only today i was told this as the midwife was asking me about contraceptive. i told her i wasnt planning to use anything as me and babys dad arent together and i wouldnt be ready to get with anyone else as lo comes before all that

With #1 I had to stop BF entirely to get my cycles back: even two feeds a day with solids didn't do it. I had to totally stop. This may be the case with you.

You may be fertile before your first postpartum period (since obviously a period is generally preceded by ovulation). So there's a risk of pregnancy if you DTD about two weeks before your first period but only during that short time frame of fertility. You'd be pretty lucky to catch it though, since it's not like you can count the days from your previous period like you may have done whilst previously TTC! I say 'may' since often the first postpartum period isn't fertile (i.e. no ovulation).

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->