Anyone smoking still???

Duffy6684

Mum to 2 wonderful boys!
Reaction score
Yes im a very bad person and i hate myself for doing it but i am still smoking. I've cut down from 20 a day to 5/6 a day but i just can't stop. I've tried the patches and it didnt work, i've tried the chewing gum but it' disgusting. I feel like a horrible mother still smoking with my unborn baby taking in what im inhaling.

I'm running out of options to try and stop. Has anyone managed to stop using any other methods? or is there some of you still smoking?

i used the nicorette inhalers and i found them by far better than anything else i managed to give up from 20 a day and i also got someone else to give up with me which def helped as it turned it in to a competiton and i always said to myself im just gna go today without having a fag then maybe il have one tomorrow then the next day id say the same thing and i never had one and i found that helped asbefore iv said to myself im giving up forever and panicked and smoked again dont beat urself up over the few u have had congratulate urself on the ones u havn't good luck hun its tough but u will thank urself for at least trying to give up rather than carrying on and not even trying

I hate that i need them, I stopped cold turkey when i found out i was pregnant the first time but for some reason i find it so hard to with this baby. I plan on going to chemist 2moro to see about the inhaler. Thanks

yeah go to the chemist for sure.... they might b able to help you. I quit 3 wks ago but im still craving them reeeal bad :( lol

:hugs:

Hi,
You can use the inhalator in conjunction with the patch. Your patch will give you a constant supply of nicotine, and then you can just use your inhalator 'as and when' you get a bad craving, to give you an extra boost. Even if you use the patch and inhalator together, you won't be taking in as much nicotine as you are doing by smoking, so it's all good.
Do you have an NHS Stop Smoking Service where you live? You could give them a ring. They have trained advisors who can give you loads of help and advice. Some services have advisors who deal specifically with pregnant ladies too...
I hope that helps. Good luck xxx

Yes im a very bad person and i hate myself for doing it but i am still smoking. I've cut down from 20 a day to 5/6 a day but i just can't stop. I've tried the patches and it didnt work, i've tried the chewing gum but it' disgusting. I feel like a horrible mother still smoking with my unborn baby taking in what im inhaling.

I'm running out of options to try and stop. Has anyone managed to stop using any other methods? or is there some of you still smoking?

hi
i wouldnt beat urself up over the fact that your still smoking everyone knows it isnt healthy for the baby but lets face it people do worse things when they are pregnant and at least you have cut down :) x x

I only recently stopped, Its sooooo hard... all the best

Stopped completely 3 days ago...Would kill for one but determined not to have one! lol just hope it lasts x

well done hun you are doing brilliantly keep it up if you need some support you can always message me i know what its like lol

well done hun you are doing brilliantly keep it up if you need some support you can always message me i know what its like lol

I keep wanting to go to the counter when at asda and get some! and when i'm at a garage i find myself staring at them lol. Suppose its not just good for baby but good for me. Thanks hon x

I smoked 20 a day for years, I had 2 Miscarriages before this pregnancy and although they cant say what causes them the guilt i felt was unbelievable, I gave up the day after my BFP with this baby and it stuck could be a coincidence? I had the patches for 2 days but decided to just go cold turkey with the miscarriages in the back of my mind, to be honest it wasnt as bad as i thought it was going to be, i still get waves now where i'm totally dying for one and I havent ruled out starting again after the birth, just take one day at a time hun good luck xx

It was alot easier for me to give up when I decided to look at it like myself andmy baby are quitting together...cheesy I know..But I have stopped now!

Hi Duffy6684

I am an ex smoker of around 20 plus a day. I stopped using Allan Carr's easy way to stop smoking book. It worked amazingly for me, I picked a date and just stopped then used the book to help me keep going.

You are meant to read the book whilst still smoking. It really just helps you to make sense of your addiction.

I will say that I gave up for 7 years having smoked since I was 12. Unfortunately once a smoker always a smoker, it is the same as being an alcoholic. If you have one puff then you are f***ed. I did the very bad thing of having on fag over a year ago and slowly but surely I have been smoking again. Nowhere near as much as my DH does not know and would kill me if he knew.

Anyway I have just started the book again and haven't smoked for a week now and feel just fine. I'm still ttc and like you need to stop!!

Good luck ma deary!!!

xxx

I wish you the best with quitting for good! I recently quit cold turkey, only because my DH was SO hellbent on us quitting. His willpower is amazing, without him I couldn't have done it yet. It's been about 10 months and the cravings are barely even there anymore, if that gives you any hope. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

thanks ladies for your words of encouragement. So far i have managed to stay away from them and to be honest reallt haven't thought about them too much lol

I went cold turkey and its easier than all them nicotine things. They make it worse. I am off them a few months now and have no intention of ever going back because of my son now.

I hated the fact that i smoked, I have a 3 yr old son. I stopped the minute i found out I was carrying him but started up again after a night out with a mate when he was four month old. I never smoked with him beside me, I always went outside but could still smell it on me and hated that. My home smells so fresh and clean, I can put my clothes on without having to bathe them in perfume to hide the smell of stale smoke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->