Anyone starting IVF cycle in April/May?

Yearning heart - A walk sounds lovely, the weather is so gorgeous today. I'm tempted to take my laptop out to the garden to work but I'm too easily distracted so had better stay inside!

Nothing to report, still waiting for AF, I'm even bored of myself now! Realistically I know in another week things will start happening so I'm just trying not to drive DH mad in the meantime. Dieting going well, exercise less well. Went for a bike ride after work on Monday and hated every mile of it which is unusual but I think it's just because I'm tired. I have a 200 mile round trip commute to work and have had a few weeks of needing to do it most days plus a busy weekend with my friend last week so I'm going to just chill out this weekend as it will probably be my last where I don't actually have to think about IVF if I don't want to. It's helping me so much to hear all you ladies talking about what is happening for you so thank you to you all. :flower:

emz - oh I missed your post as I was typing mine. Sounds like positive symptoms you get, yeah I heard some ladies do get heartburn. I had a bad hurtburn few days after ET. 1 week left! Yay! Your half way there. X

Sounds like promising signs emz :)

I just phoned clinic and the lady who is dealing with it is sorting appointments now, she was going to put me through to her but she was on another phone so going to phone me back. Not sure if she means today or not but I hope so as my patience is wearing very thin!

Got an appointment, weds 18th June 10am! Still a while away but at least i actually have a date now!

Star - that's brilliant news! It will come around in no time and at least you know when you are aiming for now :)

lizzie - Yeah the weather sure has been good, hope we see the sun for more weeks or months! Do you think AF will come soon? Do you have a pattern in your cycles or is it on/off? My periods are all over the place, I hardly see AF! lol and well when I do its so light and for like a day or two so the doctors used to give me pills to get the AF. Hopefully its not too long before AF shows up :)
Bike ride sounds fun, that is one thing I wish I learnt! x

star - Oh thats sooo good! Im happy for you! Finally a date is here and yeah like you said even though it might seem far away but at least you can count down, hopefully lizzie is right behind you. x

Iv got my scan tomorrow morning, I am praying and hoping that I get an EC date. I really hope I come with good news. I want this so badly. xx

Thank you ladies, I cant wait :)

Good luck today yearningheart, hope you get that date!

Good luck for your scan today Yearningheart i have my fingers crossed that all goes well & they can finally give you an EC date.

Star25 - Thats fab news that you've got an appointment you wait it will all go super quick once you've had your appointment I know it did for us.

Twinkle how are you doing?

AFM i seem to be going through a little miserable phase & i'm convienced that it hasn't worked & everything is going to go wrong. Hopefully its all in my head & i can shake this off. We're off on holiday tomorrow so at least i have that to look forward to.

Hope its all going ok for everyone else xx

Hey girls, star that's brilliant you have a date to focus on,

Emz enjoy your lovely holiday, the weather is fab at the min, thank god

How is everyone?

AFM I was getting ready to go have my embryo transfer today and the consultant phoned & advised me that I have 4 excellent quality embryos and we are now going for a 5 day blast on Sunday... Very excited xxxx

Jackdoll - that's great news! I'm excited for you.

Emz - you can't be upbeat about it all the time, it's probably just your mind playing tricks on you. Hopefully your holiday will take your mind off things and you will have your BFP before you have time to fret again.

Yearning Heart - hoping you are going to post soon telling us when your EC is......

AFM I have cramps, backache and feel miserable so ironically I'm hopeful that I should be able to call the clinic today/tomorrow to announce CD1 and get things moving xxx

Jackdoll, excellent news, I would be very excited too!!

Emz, it is hard to stay positive all the time although we try, just stay strong, when is your test date again?

Lizzie, would be amazing for a natural bfp but if not at least you are on your way for the ivf now

Twinkle, how are you feeling?

Yearningheart, any news?

Afm, boobs really hurting so af be here in 7-10 days and my hair is doing this greasy thing it's started, usually I have really dry frizzy hair and takes at least 5 days before its greasy, this is the second time now it's literally like I havent washed it for a week even though it's less than 2 days so I can only guess it's a hormone thing, it done it once before a couple of cycles ago, so annoyingw plus there have been roadworks outside my house on and off since Sept 13 ,not even joking, driving me insane as lost count the amount of time we have had no water as pipes keep bursting and it's off noele, no warning so I cant even wash my greasy mop!
Typical as well ive just had a long walk on the beach with the dog so ive forfeited my cup of tea to gi've the last in my water bottle to her!

God ive rambled on lol, going to do some housework now and turn up the radio loud and enjoy my day off. :)

Hey girls!

Jackdoll that's awesome news about ur embies! Congrats! Do u know who is doing ur transfer?

Star congrats on ur appointment! So exciting that u finally have an appointment to focus on.

Lizzie, any sign of AF yet?

Yearningheart, any word on ur EC date? Hopefully you're taking ur trigger as I type this xo

Emz, please don't get disheartened. The wait is also driving me mental. All ur symptoms sound like good ones. Not long now to wait xo

AFM, I did a bad thing and poas this evening after being out for my daddy's birthday. I had only 3 hours worth of pee in my bladder, and I'm 8dp5dt, but guess what???? I got a faint positive just before 2 mins on a first response test!!!!! It's faint but definitely there!!!! Can't wait to test in the morning now with fmu. Does anyone think this could be an evaporation line, or a false positive?? xo

emz - :hugs: Hey no negative thinking.. I want you to be positive, I know its so hard during the 2ww and all the worst thoughts come to mind but stay strong, not long left. Its good you are going on holiday, it will take the mind off and freshen the mind. Where are you going? Anywhere nice? I would love to go on a holiday!

Jackdoll - Oh thats fantastic news! I bet you are excited!! Hope the embryo transfer goes smooth and well.

lizzie - :happydance: Yay finally AF showed up. Thats great!!!

star - awwww sounds like madness with the work taking place outside, I hate roadworks in front my house, the noise, the air everything. Hope you enjoyed the day at home cleaning, its always so nice to finish the cleaning and then chill!

twinkle - Ohh wow really??? Thats so good! Oh I hope hope it is a positive and you come back with good news. I want you to be the first to announce BFP and we all will join ya! :)

- Ok my little update.. Yep I have an EC date!! :happydance::happydance:
I was so happy. I went in the clinic today, I have roughly 8 follicles that are bigger than 18mm and the doctors and nurses kept asking if I feel alright, they thought I might have OHSS symptoms which luckily I dont so its looking good so far. :)
My EC date is Monday and my last trigger is tomorrow evening which I am so excited for. So by mid or end of next week I should have the embryo transfer. Thanks ladies for all your support. It meant the world to me. x

Twinkle - that's amazing! I can't see why it would be a false positive or an evap if you looked at the test within the timeframe after taking it. It sounds like the beginnings of your very own BFP. I'm so happy for you :happydance:

Yearningheart brilliant news that you have EC scheduled :thumbup: you must feel so much happier to be moving on a stage!

Afm, the reason I am up in the middle of the night and on the internet is that AF finally arrived so I'm brewing hot water bottles etc and waiting for cramps to die down a bit before going back to sleep. However for the first time ever it's a positive thing for me and I will be calling my clinic on Monday to schedule scan for the end of next week, here I go :)

Yay for you both Yearningheart and Lizzie! Finally you can both move forward.

I'm awake really early after doing my test with fmu and it's a resounding bfn :( Don't know why it would've been positive only 9 hours ago. Will test again later if AF does show, and I've read that some women don't get a great result from fmu, although I know in my heart that we're out this round. xo

Lizzie - hope you feel better today. I do always prefer hot water bottle when cramps come. It does the trick. Bet you can't wait for Monday to call the clinic! :)

Twinkle - aww don't worry, are you sure you want to test? It's just that sometimes it can bring stress and misery for nothing. I know it's super tempting to test. Sometimes those pregnancy test don't always detect this early. When is your beta test again? Wednesday right?

Twinkle your not out until test day, that's why you have a test day mrs..I really hope you get your BFP you really do deserve it and you have tried everything pet.xxxx

Everyone seems to be progressing to their next stage. Good luck girls xxx

AFM my transfer is in the morning not sure who's doing it twinkle. I really don't want to test until test day because I remember the last time I tested early & I lost all hope, have no pregnancy tests in the house and keeping it that way until day before.xx I think my test day will be 29th may then I have a big family wedding 31st..

yearningheart, great news for the EC, you've been so patients and you'll be rewarded with lots of healthy eggs by the sounds of it, bet you cant wait for next week

twinkle, like the other ladies said, it can just be too early and maybe a good idea to wait for your test date just to save you worrying, your urine this morning could have been less concentrated than last night, you never know, stay positive if you can and give it a couple more days

emz, when is your test date again? hope your ok

jackdoll, hope all goes well tomorrow, how exciting!

I know I keep saying it but I really cant wait for it to be my turn

Lizzie, hope the cramps have died down, its your turn now eek! exciting times ahead :)

star - Awww thanks:flower:
Thats fine, you can say it again and again, I am sure you are very excited and can not wait to start. You want the days to pass quick quick. I had my follow up appointment last year in October after first failed IVF. At the appointment they said my second round of IVF will be in April 2014 and I was like WHAT?! :shock: thats half a year away! I remember keep looking at the calender thinking 'Oh when will my time come' and now its here and I can honestly say somehow days just flew.

When you start you will think the same, right now you are thinking about it and it feels long, but when it comes it happens so fast. Keep yourself busy, it always does the trick. But hey like you said to me.. Dont worry, be patient and good things will come :) x

Thank you yearningheart, you're right I should take my own advice but why is that never easy lol
I'm going to take your advice and keep busy so time goes really quick, ive got an 8 hr shift today so days always go quick when I'm at work so I'll just work lots of hrs and earn more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->