Anyone staying team yellow/green?

Kern

Reaction score
If so, do you think you'll stay strong at the 20 week appointment? Ours is in 5 weeks and I'm afraid my husband and I will get caught up in the moment and let the, tell us, but I really don't want to find out!

Anyone team yellow last time? How was the surprise at birth? Was it what you expected?

Stay strong! I absolutely love being team yellow, I found it easier each time (I have been team yellow with all 3 of my LO's) as the surprise at the end is addictive! :)

I was yellow with my last pregnancy but decided to find out this time. With my last pregnancy we said at the beginning of the 20 week scan before we even started that we didn't want to know. After that it was much easier and fun to keep on guessing. I really wanted a boy (although didn't admit it to myself at the time!) so when he was born and my DH told me it was the most amazing moment ever and I'm really glad we didn't find out.

Wanted a different experience this time and I have also enjoyed knowing but I'm glad I've been able to experience both ways!

Yes! We found out with my first and it was nice to know but I think now it would be more fun to find out at birth. And use that as motivation to push haha!

I will use your tick to say we don't want to know right away so we can't be persuaded! :haha:

We were team yellow with our first and will be with our second as well. With our first it wasn't really a surprise at the birth because I felt all along that she was going to be a girl, I would have been very surprised if she had been a boy. This time I am positive baby will be a boy, so will be very shocked at the birth if it is a girl. We are happy with either gender so even though I have a feeling this baby is a boy I definitely won't be unhappy if it is another girl.

We are team yellow for the first time! I am 24 weeks with number 5 and I'm super excited to be surprised for our last baby. I didn't find it too hard at the ultrasound because I know we aren't having anymore so it's my last chance to be surprised. :) I've heard from many who have been team yellow that it's an awesome experience.

We are team yellow (this is #1 for us) the first thing we were asked at the 20 week scan was if we wanted to know. We said no, so she made sure to turn the screen away at times where we might see something. I've thought about getting a private scan just to see baby again as I hardly saw anything at 20 weeks, but now I really don't want to spoil the surprise!!

Ah, good point mrs unicorn! I hope they don't turn the screen off for us each time, I don't get to see my baby much, I need to soak in that ultrasound! I'm excited! I did tell my husband that if he wants to know he can find out but only if he promises me not to tell me. I think he would be able to keep it a secret because he's good at tricking me haha. Ahhhh I'm so excited about this!

We found out with our first and opted for team yellow this time (likely our last). TBH, it was more difficult leading up to the scan to convince myself to not find out than the scan itself and afterwards. We just told her from the beginning we didn't want to know and there was only one time she turned the screen off for a few minutes. Still got to watch most of the measurements. We had her put the gender in an envelope (just in case i changed my mind, and to have for the scrapbook later on). For the first week it was burning a hole in my eyeballs but after realizing i couldn't see through it when holding to the light (and i did try!) it hasn't really crossed my mind. Now that I'm about a month from my due date I wouldn't want to know at this point, even if DH came back and said he did. I've heard its an amazing surprise to find out and am really looking forward to it!

We are team yellow and had our 20 week scan on Tuesday. In the lead up I worried I wouldn't be able to last but like others have said she asked at the beginning if we wanted to know and we said no so that was that. Although I did try concentrating to see if I could see anything when she quickly went passed that area!! :haha:

We stayed team yellow with our first and found out with our second :)

We are team yellow! Our 20 week scan is in 2 weeks...this is my 4th and our first of not knowing experience...my friend told me its fabulous for those few minutes of being the only people to lnow what you have...until you decide to tell everyone...I can't wait to be part of that feeling now 😁

1st baby & team yellow over here! 23 weeks and I just find it so exciting not knowing what's cooking. Think it will give me that little bit more motivation in labour too :)

I've done both ways, the most recent was team yellow. I got to tell dh and my son baby was a girl. It was fantastic! I will do it again if we have a third. I don't think it provides more motivation to push though lol the ring of fire feeling provides that LOL. They asked me if I wanted to know what I had, and I asked them to just give me a minute to catch my breath lol. I Just wanted to look at baby lol it really was amazing though, even dh has said he's glad we did it that way and would do again

Aw that's so awesome! You guys are making me so excited to stay team yellow! I to,d my husband he could find out if he wanted to as long as he didn't tell me, he said he can't do it lol. I feel better now!

Team yellow here! :yellow:

We have stayed yellow with almost all our kids so far, and really love the surprise.

Not yet in 2nd tri but I am hoping to stay team yellow! DH really wants to stay yellow. Eeeek!

Iv done it 4 times and honestly it's the best surprise you will ever get! there's nothing better than working so hard to get the baby out being so tired but the feeling of knowin you will soon find out what was in there all along makes you power through!

We are staying team yellow. I found out with DD and it was nice but wanted a surprise this time. Nervous that I will crack at the 20 week scan! Any tips to stay strong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->