Anyone staying team yellow/green?

We are staying team yellow. I found out with DD and it was nice but wanted a surprise this time. Nervous that I will crack at the 20 week scan! Any tips to stay strong?

As soon as you go in, tell the sonographer you don't want to know the sex, that way it's hard for them to slip up!

Once the usual routine checks have been done like heart brain limbs etc I switch off An just stare at the baby kicking away!

It doesn't matter what sex it is anyway just go with it in your head that the 20 weeks scan is to find a healthy baby!

You can do it!

I was team yellow last time, she was the only one I stayed team yellow with I thought it would be a nice suprise and it was but I still prefer finding out personally so I found out this time, I struggled last time with names and buying neutral colours, I prefer to know what I'm having so I can search properly for the right gender name and get all the pretty colours, I bought loads of neutral clothes and I really didn't like them lol, I know loads of people that love the suprise but for me finding out is so much more fun and you still have the suprise of the way they look when they are born anyway

We are staying team yellow! We were team yellow with our first as well. I love the surprise and the guessing.

This is my first and I'd really like to stay team yellow.

I have names picked out for either gender, so I'm good in that sense. I also have a bunch leftover baby clothes from my nephew, some of which is gender neutral. And I'm sure I'll get enough gift card at my shower to go buy a bunch of pink stuff if it is a girl.

I'm thinking of telling the tech to just write it down and put it in an envelope, in case I change my mind. In all honesty though, I'm just worried about gender disappointment. I know there are pros to both genders, and obviously my main concern is a healthy baby, but I do have a gender I'd prefer more than the other. So, I'm worried I'd spend the 2nd half of my pregnancy less happy if it was the other gender.

I was team yellow last time, she was the only one I stayed team yellow with I thought it would be a nice suprise and it was but I still prefer finding out personally so I found out this time, I struggled last time with names and buying neutral colours, I prefer to know what I'm having so I can search properly for the right gender name and get all the pretty colours, I bought loads of neutral clothes and I really didn't like them lol, I know loads of people that love the suprise but for me finding out is so much more fun and you still have the suprise of the way they look when they are born anyway

I was exactly the same - I was team yellow last time and I really didn't enjoy it. The moment of finding out at the birth was amazing, but if I was ever to have another baby I would have found out, hands down. I much preferred knowing with my first and being able to buy non-neutral clothes and set a name in stone etc.

I didn't manage to stay team yellow.

I had my 20 week scan last Thursday and found out I'm having a boy.

I'm so excited. I had an instinct all along that it was a boy.

I was going to stay team yellow, but I've recently realized it was only cuz I'm worried about gender disappointment. The U/S clinic I go to has signs up saying they won't tell you the gender, so I guess they give the info to your Dr. So, I'll probably have to wait til a week after my appt anyway. When I find out, I'll keep it to myself though. : )

Edit: Oh crap. I didn't realize I'd already posted in this thread. Please disregard. #face palm*

That's funny. We had our 20 weeks scan and stayed team yellow but she couldn't get all the measurements so we have to go back in a few weeks. We've got to tell them all over again lol. :)

just wanted to update that we stayed yellow through the whole pregnancy and it was definitely worth it in the end! If we have another baby, we will go yellow again :)

Im on to baby no. 3 and stayed yellow with my first two and plan to do the same with this pregnancy (currently 17+3). There really is no other feeling in the world like going through an exhausting and gruelling labour to the surprise of the sex of your baby. DD was my first and was expecting her to be a girl so it wasn't shock but still an incredible feeling.

With DS I was convinced I was having another girl and when they handed him to me and told me it was a boy was like no other feeling I have ever felt. Honestly wish I could bottle up that feeling and sell it.

I imagine for me personally, knowing the sex in advance would leave labour and birth feeling slightly anti climatic after knowing how amazing it feels to wait to find out ... and I'll use that to keep me focused at my next scan. I agree with telling them straight away you don't want to know ... they never brought the subject up with me again throughout the scan :)

We stayed team yellow with DD and I loved it. We're planning on staying yellow again this time. I kinda feel like it'd make the second half of pregnancy go slower if we knew the sex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->