Anyone still not fully decided on a name?

I know I'm earlier than you ladies, but we don't have a name either. OH is so 'We'll look later' and doesn't seem to have any motivation to look at names. It is super frustrating. I had a name chosen, but he hated it. If this had been a girl the name was picked. I doubt we will have a name chosen by the birth. At least we have a middle name!

It's so hard to actually imagine the little people they're going to be! Like its my favorite thing to do, but to actually imagine who he will be and to put a name to it!? Sooo hard!!

We have a name picked out that I really like, but I am having a hard time making it official, if that makes sense?!

We are pretty much decided on Isaac. We have Elliot as a backup. The stupid thing is I googled names that go with DS1's name and read some negative comments about HIS name and suddenly feel unsure about it.. he's almost 2! OH thinks I'm going crazy!

We are pretty much decided on Isaac. We have Elliot as a backup. The stupid thing is I googled names that go with DS1's name and read some negative comments about HIS name and suddenly feel unsure about it.. he's almost 2! OH thinks I'm going crazy!

Any name I search online gets negative comments. I don't understand people's need to be so vocal about other people's name choices. That's why I mostly hate everybody.

We don't have a name yet either. Nobody can agree on anything. With my first we picked it out fairly early but I still never called him that while I was pregnant with him. He was always "the baby". Even for a long time after he was born we called him "the baby". He's 4 now & I still call him baby! Kind of wish I could just name this one baby.

Any name I search online gets negative comments. I don't understand people's need to be so vocal about other people's name choices. That's why I mostly hate everybody.

We don't have a name yet either. Nobody can agree on anything. With my first we picked it out fairly early but I still never called him that while I was pregnant with him. He was always "the baby". Even for a long time after he was born we called him "the baby". He's 4 now & I still call him baby! Kind of wish I could just name this one baby.

I was considering the name Emerson at one point and a friend of mine told me my son would get made fun of with a name like Emerson. So I agree, people are straight up dicks

That's why I'm only telling people the names we've rejected. It's tough enough to pick a name without people telling you what's wrong with it. Hopefully no one will be tactless to slate a name that we've actually given the baby, although my Granda might. He's well known for being controversial just for the hell of it, but it's very unlikely that I'm going to have to same taste as an 85 year old.

We're purposely not deciding on his name until he's here. We have a shortlist to choose from but he won't be named until we see what he looks like.

I wouldn't panic - my family had a name set for me but when I arrived they decided it wasn't right. I was baby for a week and a half after I was born!

I can't believe it's less than two weeks til my due date and we still don't have a name picked! We're team yellow so I was hoping we'd have one of each picked out way before now. We agreed early on not to tell anyone our name choices before baby was born as we just didn't want to hear their opinions on our chosen names, especially those who like to be negative who might spoil them before we even got chance to use them. However we couldn't seem to agree on any names and then just stopped discussing it. There are no names either of us absolutely love, and I was really hoping we'd have thought of one by now. For a while we did have a possible boys name but I wasn't keen on the combination with the middle name DH wanted to use with it. It wasn't discussed for weeks and all of a sudden whenever names are mentioned we're both talking as if we're completely deciding from scratch again, so it looks like even the possible has been scrapped. So many names I liked have been used now by family and friends, I was left with one girls name I like, but DH never warmed to it.
He keeps saying we'll see what baby looks like and hope we get some sudden inspiration then, and although I prefer the idea of naming baby once we've seen then rather than before they're born, I'd like some kind of short list to choose from rather than just give birth and then have to pluck a name from nowhere!

My DH won't even discuss boys names with me and it's frustrating as hell! We didn't get to find out the gender but he is adamant it'll be a girl so he won't agree on any boys names. We have our girls name picked out but i feel I'm having a boy coz I'm carrying low and wide, I've craved meats and cheese and my tummy got hairy. Every boys name I suggest to him, he turns down and says he doesn't like it but I know he is only turning the names down because he doesn't think it'll be a boy. It's very frustrating. I don't want to be holding our little boy and him not having a name because my DH was so damn stubborn!

-AussieBub

We have absolutely no names we like :( baby will be here by tuesday!!

I can't believe it's less than two weeks til my due date and we still don't have a name picked! We're team yellow so I was hoping we'd have one of each picked out way before now. We agreed early on not to tell anyone our name choices before baby was born as we just didn't want to hear their opinions on our chosen names, especially those who like to be negative who might spoil them before we even got chance to use them. However we couldn't seem to agree on any names and then just stopped discussing it. There are no names either of us absolutely love, and I was really hoping we'd have thought of one by now. For a while we did have a possible boys name but I wasn't keen on the combination with the middle name DH wanted to use with it. It wasn't discussed for weeks and all of a sudden whenever names are mentioned we're both talking as if we're completely deciding from scratch again, so it looks like even the possible has been scrapped. So many names I liked have been used now by family and friends, I was left with one girls name I like, but DH never warmed to it.
He keeps saying we'll see what baby looks like and hope we get some sudden inspiration then, and although I prefer the idea of naming baby once we've seen then rather than before they're born, I'd like some kind of short list to choose from rather than just give birth and then have to pluck a name from nowhere!

That's us exactly! I can't believe we haven't even got a short list. DH has a list of names he likes and I've got a long list of names I've decided I don't hate! We're team yellow too but find boys names harder.

I had my son and my next 2 names planned before I even met my OH we now have names picked for up to 5 more children so I definitely know what to call them even though we are not pregnant (and NOTHING will change them)

our biggest problem is the fight that will commence if we have a daughter as we both want to use our top pick first... the boys names are sorted and ordered so easy

however despite us always knowing DS name would be Jake we called him Bubba (bit more personal then 'the bump') until he was born to avoid other people unwanted opinions, my mam called me Bairn (yakka for child) as a 'bump' im 24 now and her side of the family still call me Bairn lol but no one still calls Jake Bubba

personally I wouldn't recommend spur of the moment decisions in the hospital... its a very bad idea, you wouldn't decide any other life long decision while tired, hormonal and possibly drugged so why this one, I know way to many kids (myself included) that ended up having their name changed later on due to a bad spur of the moment decision - I was convinced when first seeing my son he looked like an Alex, I even cried over it... thank god it dint change it as I hate that name and he most definitely isn't an Alex now, baby grow very quickly by 6 months they are a completely different child

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->