Anyone still running....??

J22

Reaction score
I think I'm going to have to throw the towel in!! The last twice I've been slow jogging my bump gets really tight and sore after a while and I end up having to walk :( I'm not sure if they're BHs I'm getting (I don't have those properly identified yet!).
I was really hoping to keep going longer but think I'm going to have to stick to my other forms of exercise.
Any of you girls still managing to run/jog??
xxxx

I'm still running, but only about 4 miles a week. I think I'm also coming to the end of my running days for a bit. We'll see how I feel today or tomorrow when I run. I'm still doing my p90x, but I'm actually only doing the Kenpo X workout which is the kick boxing. It still gives me a great workout and doesn't bother me. I'm also walking and chasing my 2 year old, but I really was hoping to run longer.

Do you get discomfort or is it because it's getting hard work with the extra weight and everything else? The extra kilos makes it a lot tougher but I could plod through that if it wasn't for the bump getting tight and painful.
I think I'll be sticking to power walking, swimming, gym cardio and light weights until my body says enough's enough!! xx

No, I am still at the gym 5 days a week, but stopped running at the beginning of my pregnancy as it just didn't feel right. I'm missing it though, and at least once a week I'm dreaming at night about running lol x

I think I'm going to have to throw the towel in!! The last twice I've been slow jogging my bump gets really tight and sore after a while and I end up having to walk :( I'm not sure if they're BHs I'm getting (I don't have those properly identified yet!).
I was really hoping to keep going longer but think I'm going to have to stick to my other forms of exercise.
Any of you girls still managing to run/jog??
xxxx

That's funny you mention that because I recently started experience the exact same thing. I was hoping I wasn't just being a baby, but my lower abdomen get tighter and I just don't like the feeling. So starting about a week ago I just began walking and swimming.

Oh I know what you mean SamsMum! I do enjoy other forms of exercise but there's just something special about getting out for a run in the fresh air!! I'm kicking myself for not being able to carry on, but I can't complain if I'm atleast able to continue other types of exercise.

I find I get Braxton-hicks in the beginning of a run and have to stop and walk, but then it will ease up. The most I'm running is 2-2.5 miles now though, mostly because I can't be away from a bathroom for that long!

I find I get Braxton-hicks in the beginning of a run and have to stop and walk, but then it will ease up. The most I'm running is 2-2.5 miles now though, mostly because I can't be away from a bathroom for that long!

Blimey, you're 36 wks and still running...well done :thumbup:!! Maybe it is BHs I'm gettting then, the lower bump gets quite painful and tight. I don't get it with any other exercise I do and I'm trying to keep the impact really low....may give it one more shot and see!

Not running but I've been playing tennis till last week. I had to stop because it was getting too hot and I was taking more breaks than hitting.

Hi j!!!! With my second pregnancy I ran/jogged until the day before I had him... by 7 months I had to do just spurts of jogging and walking.... this time baby is sitting different and it makes it more uncomfortable for me, so I stopped at 20 weeks and im only allowed to walk now anyway ... but I fast walk most of the time.... I also do other excersises although last 4 weeks im limited and boy does it stink!!!!

I wish I could! Early on I tried to continue running but it felt very off for me, so I stuck to fast walking and lifting light weights. I've been getting the tightness in my lower bump during my speed walks and it is quite painful as you mention, but I find if I slow down or drink water it helps and eases up for the duration of the walk. I asked my midwife about these pains at my appointment today and she said they were totally normal. Oh the joys of pregnancy!

I thought this thread was going to end up being 'are you still running....to the loo' or something lol!

Good on you all for running/jogging for as long as you can. Im not allowed to jog due to an old spinal injury (my discs went AWOL in the accident) but I loved Zumba, yoga and squash. Unfortunately due to pelvic girdle pain I have pain in a support belt since 22weeks and can't do anything!

The only thing I would say with hindsight is do even more kegels than normal as when you jog your pelvic floor will be taking even more strain from weight of baby. With my second baby I managed exercise right up to birth - gym, swimming and badminton but my pelvic floor took longer to return to normal (& I have sections)

Good luck!

I was too scared to continue running after finding out I was pregnant. I'd been TTC for 6 years so didn't want to 'disturb' the sticky :) can't wait to get back to it though x

I also stopped running when I got my BFP (combination of fear, exhaustion, and being on fieldwork) but I have kept up my walking and bike riding and have added yoga in. The extra weight is sure making it harder these days, but I feel better when I am able to move around and get fresh air. But I really can't wait to start running again! I also have dreams I am running and occasionally get the urge when I am out for a walk!

i gave it up very early in my pregnancy too after suffering a miscarriage two months prior to becoming pregnant with this one. I am just paranoid and it didnt feel right. Just off, and very hard to explain. I work in fitness and teach several classes (4-5) per week and until very recently, I was doing all of the workouts with my classes. NOw I pretty much just walk around instructing and correcting form. I do what I can and pick up some light weights occasionally, but for the next 10 weeks, I am going to take it easy and just go for walks with my family and swim with my two year old. I will hit it hard as soon as Im released to workout again after baby gets here <3 good to know Im not alone

i gave it up very early in my pregnancy too after suffering a miscarriage two months prior to becoming pregnant with this one. I am just paranoid and it didnt feel right. Just off, and very hard to explain. I work in fitness and teach several classes (4-5) per week and until very recently, I was doing all of the workouts with my classes. NOw I pretty much just walk around instructing and correcting form. I do what I can and pick up some light weights occasionally, but for the next 10 weeks, I am going to take it easy and just go for walks with my family and swim with my two year old. I will hit it hard as soon as Im released to workout again after baby gets here <3 good to know Im not alone

I also had a very recent miscarriage before becoming pregnant this time around. I miscarried in October and was pregnant in December again! I totally understand being paranoid (although I haven't been with the working out thing, I totally am in many, many other ways). Not trying to hijack the thread, but just wanted to see how you were doing/feeling? I personally can't wait to have this baby and for everything to be over with and find out everything is just fine.

Its so nice to hear that other mommies to be are still exercising. Lately at the gym I've been getting strange looks from people and today one man even shook his head! :shrug: I feel like I should be guilty or something. Maybe its because I sweat a lot but I've always been a heavy sweater when I work out and I drink 1 litre of water during my workout so I'm well hydrated. I never feel dizzy or out of breath either.

I had to stop running at about 25 weeks as the pelvic pain was unbearable. Now I power walk on an incline and it still hurts but not as bad. I also swim, use the eliptical machine and the bike. I do get the tightening around my lower stomach but its not really painful. Its more my pelvic joints that are hurting me. I'm starting to dread going to the gym but I always feel better after going.:flower:

Lately at the gym I've been getting strange looks from people and today one man even shook his head! :shrug: I feel like I should be guilty or something. Maybe its because I sweat a lot but I've always been a heavy sweater when I work out and I drink 1 litre of water during my workout so I'm well hydrated. I never feel dizzy or out of breath either.

Wow! Really?! I'd be inclined to walk up and smack that man in the face. Sorry you have to deal with that. You clearly know how to take care of yourself. And what business of it is his, anyway?

Lately at the gym I've been getting strange looks from people and today one man even shook his head! :shrug: I feel like I should be guilty or something. Maybe its because I sweat a lot but I've always been a heavy sweater when I work out and I drink 1 litre of water during my workout so I'm well hydrated. I never feel dizzy or out of breath either.

Wow! Really?! I'd be inclined to walk up and smack that man in the face. Sorry you have to deal with that. You clearly know how to take care of yourself. And what business of it is his, anyway?

It's unfortunate some people still view pregnant ladies working out as wrong. I have read cases before about this happening.....I'm not sure I'd be able to keep my mouth shut if someone shook their head at me! I'm in a rural little village and at the beginning I did have people stop me asking if I should be jogging...one lady told me not to be stupid!! I think when you're used to exercising you know when to listen to our bodies, when you're not feeling 100%, and when you need to take it down a notch or simply just stop. While you're still feeling well enough it's great you can continue to exercise!
Hope all you girls are feeling well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->