Anyone still running....??

I'd rather be exercising than using pregnancy as an excuse to sit on my butt and eat cake all day (although the occasional slice has been a naughty craving lol!)

Sadly people do seem to see pregnant women as invalids, people are often amazed that I can still walk a few miles at a time and tell me I should be relaxing instead. I think staying active helps make pregnancy smoother. I Did Zumba up until 29 weeks, where it just got a bit much, but I still make sure I stay active with lots of walking x

Sadly people do seem to see pregnant women as invalids, people are often amazed that I can still walk a few miles at a time and tell me I should be relaxing instead. I think staying active helps make pregnancy smoother. I Did Zumba up until 29 weeks, where it just got a bit much, but I still make sure I stay active with lots of walking x

I look like an idiot doing Zumba when Im not pregnant! :haha: would not have been a good idea for me to try when my coordination is not at 100%-lol!

Im finding it more and more difficult to demonstrate any exercise which requires balance these days... Anyone else feel like your usually good center of gravity is just off??:shrug:

I'm still running but just 10 min before my workout. I am still teaching kickboxing class as well. Sometimes my bump gets tight, but it mainly hurts my back. I try to alter my stride so I'm more running with my legs if that makes sense rather than my whole body. I few weeks ago I stopped running more than a mile just because I did a 3 mile run one day and my back KILLED me the rest of the day!

I'm still running but just 10 min before my workout. I am still teaching kickboxing class as well. Sometimes my bump gets tight, but it mainly hurts my back. I try to alter my stride so I'm more running with my legs if that makes sense rather than my whole body. I few weeks ago I stopped running more than a mile just because I did a 3 mile run one day and my back KILLED me the rest of the day!

teaching kickboxing? wow- you go girl! ;) I dont think I can lift my legs high enough anymore :haha:

Audraia, that's awesome that you are still teaching kickboxing. I'm still doing my p90x kickboxing and still feel pretty good doing it :) I do get as high on some of my kicks and may not move quite as fast, but I'm still able to keep up with the workout. I haven't been running much more than 3 miles at a time because it's starting to not feel that great.

The people in my class are pretty amazed, as am I, about how much I can still do without pain. I can still do burpees, all the jumps/squats etc. I am slowing down a bit, and can't lift my legs as high with the kicks, but still going strong. I really feel doing the classes is easier on me than running is!

I feel like p90x is easier on me than running as well! Seems strange since I think it's higher impact than running, but I'm not complaining :)

was jogging earlier today, but after only 10 mins the lower part of my bump got really, really sore, might have to step it down to 5 mins of jogging instead. In place of that though, I took DD and myself for a walk around town earlier today, and I got in 2 miles today just from that, 1 mile was a steady uphill, so I think that will be a fine substitute the remainder of my pregnancy if must give up jogging. To be fair, I am still doing plenty of other exercises while DD naps though, including prenatal yoga, squats, lunges, pelvic tilts, yoga ball figure 8's and hip sways, yoga ball pelvic tilts, and a few other prenatal exercises. I'm glad I've kept up with exercising :) I'm still able to get around and do everything comfortably that I did pre pregnancy, and I'm not sore anywhere either, no back aches or anything, I also feel more energized too!

You girls are seriously still running?!? I have to sit down most nights making dinner :(

Wearing a belly band or some kind of belly support will really help those that want to continue to run or jog.

Just a reminder for those that were not running or jogging before the pregnancy now is not the time to start. But if you were before, grab some belly support and enjoy your run.

I wasn't running before this pregnancy due to recovering from surgery. However I do still power walk for about 3 miles or so a day. My ankle gives me more trouble than my belly. My only other issue is timing it so that I can last 45 minutes without needing a bathroom.

I have heard of people who have ran all the way up until the day they went into labor. It's certainly doable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->