Anyone suffer with Hypochondria?

britt1986

Reaction score
I suffer from hypochondria pretty badly. It consumes my life. I'll have some months where I am ok and go about life as if nothing could bother me, then the next thing I know I don't go out of my house. I find myself sitting around a lot worring about my health or my son's health. I feel as if I have some sort serious illness, like cancer, which is always my main worry. Any type of symptom I get, i'll always think the worst.

I am already being treated for depression and anxiety. I am on Effexor and I guess in the beginning it helped, but now i'm not so sure it's working at all. I have been on 4 different anti-depressants in a 3 year span.

I'm just sick of it all. I want to live my life and not have to worry all the time that me, my son, husband, and family members are seriously ill. I want to enjoy my life.

Anyone else in my situation? What are you doing to control it? Any stories anyone want to share? Please, I'm desparate!:cry:

I'm suffering from anxiety attacks. It makes me think i'm going to die. Sometimes you have to accept that you are not in control of everything, and that obsessing about these things will never bring you anything else but worries. Hope you get better..:)

i suffer with health anxiety which is near enough the same as hypochondria.

at the moment i have a pain in my calf which is (in my head ) obviously a blood clot!!

i also have anxiety attacks where i think im going to drop down dead!

its awful and i found anti ds did nothing for it. i have been doing CBT which is calming me down.

if you ever wanna chat pm me anytime hun xxx

i never use to worry about my health until i was pregnant with my youngest daughter.......when i was 3 months pregnant i found a lump under my arm.....had to have a scan and biospsy thankfully it was benign.......... since then........i worry constantly about my health............ i hate it.........its a fear of leaving my girls............i no its not doing my health any good stressing about what may never be and if its going to be it will be and there is not much i can do about it.......alot of people i know have the same feelings especially people who have had a scare.
I just try to push it to the back of mind and enjoy life and my girls x

I am sorry for that :( , I don't and I am quite the opposite, it takes me to be quite miserable to go to the doctors..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->