anyone suffered with gallstones?

rachael22

Reaction score
ive been getting pains for the last month been to the doctors and they have just given me antiacids and took a blood test for h.pylori,

anyway pains are still here my symptoms are pains in my chest, under my rib cage like an ache but im in pain with the the ache like someone had winded me really bad (almost like a severe kidney infection)but its not because i wouldnt have the chest pain with kidney infection, i feel sick and also have the odd pain in my stomach, my chest feel like muscles are contracting i cant stop crying this morning, last night the pain was there constantly :cry:

please can you ladies help me out here im so fed up Xx

Hi hunny,

I have and still do, and unfortunately the doctors don't seem to do alot about it. 2 years ago I was hospitalized for a week after a bad attack, and they just sent me on my way with some tablets and told me to change my diet.

Where is the pain? Is it central under the rib cage, and like a contracting pain? xxx

Hi hunny,

I have and still do, and unfortunately the doctors don't seem to do alot about it. 2 years ago I was hospitalized for a week after a bad attack, and they just sent me on my way with some tablets and told me to change my diet.

Where is the pain? Is it central under the rib cage, and like a contracting pain? xxx

yep the pains are under my rib cage ive had a painful stomach which comes and goes in bouts, my heart races and sometimes i get like a crampy pain init which scares me that much im in tears! ive have pains in my shoulder blades and shoulders,sometimes the pain goes down my arm which makes me worry more, im constantly burping, also i feel like i have 2 take deep breathes to get a decent breath of air. im waiting on a blood test for H.PYLORI which still havent come back after a week! im so fed up! what pains do u get?

Are you still having the pains now?

Mine are less frequent since I changed my diet, but they usually consist of central pain under my ribcage (a contracting pain), feeling full, sick, almost feeling like I've got a huge pocket of trapped wind under my diaphragm, pain across my shoulder. But I rarely get this now since my last massive attack that landed me in hospital :haha:

If the pain persists for a few hours it's best to get down to A&E xx

Are you still having the pains now?

Mine are less frequent since I changed my diet, but they usually consist of central pain under my ribcage (a contracting pain), feeling full, sick, almost feeling like I've got a huge pocket of trapped wind under my diaphragm, pain across my shoulder. But I rarely get this now since my last massive attack that landed me in hospital :haha:

If the pain persists for a few hours it's best to get down to A&E xx

thanks ive been like this for a month different symptoms on different days,some days im fine like nothings wrong then others im really bad, i did have a baby 15 weeks ago and been havng these pains since he was about 10weeks old,and yes thats exactly how i feel trapped wind pushing everything up into my chest, so do you think i have gallstones then? how come they havent done anything about it with you?

My cousin had gallstones.. Doc didnt do anything.. Passed it off as anxiety??? Strange.. Then it got worse and eventually had to hav gall bladder removed

Hun, if ever you get an attack like that we're the centre of your stomach is cramping up painfully then go to A&E.

It's a bit of a wierd one, because most cases can be helped with a change of diet. I haven't had an attack since 2009 and although there are times where I feel sick, full, etc they're no where near as frequent as they are and the only thing they could do is remove the gall bladder but I think you have to really suffer with it for them to remove it, if that makes sense?

Without an ultrasound it's hard to say for definate hunny xx

Hun, if ever you get an attack like that we're the centre of your stomach is cramping up painfully then go to A&E.

It's a bit of a wierd one, because most cases can be helped with a change of diet. I haven't had an attack since 2009 and although there are times where I feel sick, full, etc they're no where near as frequent as they are and the only thing they could do is remove the gall bladder but I think you have to really suffer with it for them to remove it, if that makes sense?

thanks for your replies, i will try and stick it out untill blood results come back,i just rang 4 them and still not back after a week! if they come back clear im going to ask for an ultrasound xx

thanks for your replies, i will try and stick it out untill blood results come back,i just rang 4 them and still not back after a week! if they come back clear im going to ask for an ultrasound xx

Fingers crossed for you hunny. I know how painfull they are and I hope they will be able to help you xx

i had the pains exactley as you described! i got tested for h pylori too and given omeprazole, ended up in a and e and thats what they said. in the meantime i got bloods taken which showed my liver enzymes through the roof. got scan which showed gallstoned. however h plyori also came back positive.

So i have both, no idea which the pain come from, feels more stomach like but not sure.

If your scan showed gallstones, then the pain would have been caused by them :thumbup:

going to ring doctors after two for results see what the outcome is, if negative im making an appointment to see the doctor for a gallbladder scan thanks ladies at least im not on my own xx

I got gallstones at 18 when i was pregnant.Had my gallbladder removed Xmas 2008.Let us know how you get on xxx

I got gallstones at 18 when i was pregnant.Had my gallbladder removed Xmas 2008.Let us know how you get on xxx

yes i will do, how was u feeling with them what pains was you getting? im getting all comfused as to whats causing all this pain, im ok at the moment but still getting a dull ache constantly under my right rib and can also feel it in my neck sometimes and shoulders feels like a pinched nerve :shrug: and burping all the time, XX

it's strange how different doctors deal with it....I just went in to see the doc last week for suspected gallstones/gallbladder problems (my pains are right under the right ribcage, extend through to my back/under my shoulderblade. Very nauseous as well - I'd get sudden waves where I would run to the toilet to throw up but never actually did). Doc never offered me a test for h. pylori, said, 'sounds exactly like gallstones, we'll do an ultrasound to see and if the ultrasound shows anything we'll get you in right away to have it removed. I actually had an attack again last night despite the modification in diet (I think I ate to large of a quantity, half a Subway and omg horrible :( It was even a chicken breast/no cheese/no dressings one, so pretty plain!)

I empathise with anyone with gallbladder pains...they are horrible.

eta: still waiting for my ultrasound appointment :(

it's strange how different doctors deal with it....I just went in to see the doc last week for suspected gallstones/gallbladder problems (my pains are right under the right ribcage, extend through to my back/under my shoulderblade. Very nauseous as well - I'd get sudden waves where I would run to the toilet to throw up but never actually did). Doc never offered me a test for h. pylori, said, 'sounds exactly like gallstones, we'll do an ultrasound to see and if the ultrasound shows anything we'll get you in right away to have it removed. I actually had an attack again last night despite the modification in diet (I think I ate to large of a quantity, half a Subway and omg horrible :( It was even a chicken breast/no cheese/no dressings one, so pretty plain!)

i was tested for h.pylori and results came back today and everything was normal so im going back up the doctors tomorrow and ask for a ultrasound for gallstones, what exactly is an attack i think i might of had one a few weeks ago felt like i was havin a heart attack im constantly burping and have an ache all up my right side and underneath my rib cage like some-one had winded me really bad also i get neck and shoulder and arm pains thats feels somewhat like a trapped nerve, i wake in the morning feeling fine as soon as i have breakfast i feel pain :nope: hope they sort it out for you, worth asking doc just to check for h.pylori wouldnt hurt :thumbup:

i was tested for h.pylori and results came back today and everything was normal so im going back up the doctors tomorrow and ask for a ultrasound for gallstones, what exactly is an attack i think i might of had one a few weeks ago felt like i was havin a heart attack im constantly burping and have an ache all up my right side and underneath my rib cage like some-one had winded me really bad also i get neck and shoulder and arm pains thats feels somewhat like a trapped nerve, i wake in the morning feeling fine as soon as i have breakfast i feel pain :nope: hope they sort it out for you, worth asking doc just to check for h.pylori wouldnt hurt :thumbup:

Attacks are just the moments when you have the pains. I have one approximately every week, mainly at night though. Supposedly, you need to eat smaller meals and make sure they are low fat (within reason). I love food but I swear the pains I get when I get these attacks are enough to make me not want to eat at all :( Your pains sound similar to mine, although I don't get arm pains the doc did mention that you could get them, so yeah - I would see someone and request an ultrasound. Hmm....come to think about it, I was quite burpy last night too (when I was having my attack).

If my ultrasound comes back as negative then I'll definately ask for that, but to be honest it's not a pain that's in my stomach. My mom had her gallbladder removed when she was younger than me (and after her first pregnancy) so it's something that does seem to happen in my family. xx

Good luck with the docs! x

Hiya, I have gallstones, it took them 4 years to finally diagnose gallstones though as my GP said I was too young to have gallstones! I was 22 when it started! Anyway the kept telling me I had trapped wind. In 2006 I ended up being hospitalised with acute cholecystitis, that was diagnosed when they scanned me! I haven't had my gallbladder removed yet as I need to lose weight :cry:. But luckily it docent bother me much now, to be honest a low fat diet never helped me, I found that my triggers for gallbladder attacks were cheese and red meat! You are right that it runs in families so worth getting checked, especially since he pain radiates into your shoulder. Xxx

I had gallstones. Really painful... doubled over, throwing up with the pain. I do have a good pain threshold but I think on a couple of occasions I should have gone to A&E.

I went to the doctors and they were really good. Gave me pain killers, told me what foods to avoid and referred me for an ultrasound to confirm it. A couple of months after u/s I had my gallbladder out by keyhole surgery.

I think if you think it is gallstones you need to go back and see another doctor and tell them you can't cope with it. I never had chest pains though. Just excrushiating pain under the bottom of my rib cage. I used to drug myself up and stick a blue freezer block against it and pace up and down the house throwing up and huffing and puffing... awful :nope:

forgot to say i'd just lost alot of weight and they think this can bring it on... or so I read online x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->