Anyone swimming for slimming?

loopdido

Mum to 2
Reaction score
Hi
well baby number 2 is now 5 months old and I need to get back my shape a bit!

I have started swimming twice a week - just in the lane doing lengths! I do around 20 lengths when I go.

I was 10stone 6lb pre baby number 1
I went up to 14stone 10lb when full term with him
Was 13stone 8lb after birth
I got back to 11 stone 6lb before baby number 2
I went up to 13 stone 8lb when full term with her
I was 12stone 8lb after birth
I am now 12stone exactly!

Ideally I want to get back to pre-baby number 1 weight, but would be happy with pre-baby number 2 weight!:dohh: I just need to fit in my old clothes - especially the work ones ready for September:growlmad:

Anyone else tried swimming- did it work?

I would love to do swimming as working out but sadly there are no decent swimming pools in my area :nope:

I used to go swimming all the time before but after I got ill for a period of time (4 months) I couldn't go and gained a lot of weight. But as soon as I got back swimming it all just fell off again.
Not only is it a good workout but also a lot more fun than "regular" gym sorta working out! Especially now in the summer times even if the pool is inside :thumbup:

Thanks for answering my post! bit more encouraging, lol! I'm hoping it works I'm lucky in that our leisure centre is only 3 years old and is lovely.

hiya,

We have a new swimming pool in our town its not even been open a year yet. I went yesterday for the first time ever in my life. AND I done 30 lengths in 55 mins.

Long story but I had a massive fear of water (something happened when i was younger) and now I have overcame my fear it wasnt bad at it. Im aching abit today.

I have lost 3 1/2 stone in 10 weeks so i have started swimming to help tone and shift my jelly belly :happydance:

I have heard lots of stories that swimming is soooo good for you and def does help with a flat tum.

I used to go swimming 4-5 times a week and even though weight didn't drop off me I went down a couple of dress sizes.

I started running again 8 weeks ago and that is helping me shift the weight but I plan to start swimming again a couple times a week to mainly help with shaping my arms.

As long as you keep it up, try to do 30 minutes of exercise everyday (even if it is walking on your non swimming days) and eat healthily you will be losing weight in no time!! :thumbup:

xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->