Anyone take Doxycycline?

So my RE said that it is not safe in the 2nd and 3rd trimester due to effects on the formation of the bones, but it is perfectly safe in the 1st trimester. She says she's given it to many of her pregnant patients with no ill effect on the fetus. Of course I still worry about any small risks because I try to stay away from all medication unless absolutely necessary (even when not pregnant). But I also don't know how big the risk of miscarriage is from the ureaplasma bacteria. I feel like I'm taking a risk either way, it's like what is the better of 2 evils?

Exactly! You'll feel bad if you take it and bad if you don't. You can't predict the outcome. If your RE said its ok in 1st trimester then I would say take it. I think ureaplasma contributed to my loss, amongst other things, so I just want to treat it and make sure its one less thing that can go wrong if/when i get pregnant.

By the way, make sure your partner is tested (urine test for men i believe) as he wil need to be treated if he has it cos it will keep bouncing back between you. Somehow my husbands results came back negative, so its not to say if you have it that he will have it too.

A x

Hi, I know this post is super old but I was just wondering how everything turned out? I just found out I’m 4-5 weeks pregnant & have Ureaplasma. I researched it & nothing good popped up. Just looking for answers! Thank you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->