anyone take progesterone suppositories?

babers

Reaction score
My doctor just prescribed me suppositories. Yesterday at 18 dpo my hcg was 415 and my progesterone was 12.7 so he started me on suppositories. Anyone else taking them and if so, are you having any side effects. Just want to know what to expect.

I've taken prometrium (an oral progesterone supplement) with several of my pregnancies. The biggest side effects for me have been fatigue and dizziness after I take it and spotting. Spotting occurs because the progesterone can irritate the cervix (especially when taken as a suppository or pessiary because it's going right to the cervix). Other than that, I've had some cramping but it's hard to say if that's normal for pregnancy or a side effect of the meds. I also know some women have said it makes their symptoms worse but it hasn't for me.

I have been taking pessaries since I got my bfp twice a day. For me I haven't personally had any side effects from them. Happy and healthy 9 months

I've been taking a compounded progesterone vaginal suppository once at night when going to bed.. I haven't had any side effects, although they can be a bit messy if you move around too much after insertion!!

I've been taking 200mg 2x a day vaginally since 5 weeks.

Some of the side effects from pregnancy are caused by the high progesterone, so you'll get side effects you would have got any way if you're progesterone wasn't naturally low! Think bloating, sore bbs, tired etc.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense, I tried to word it clearly but I have major pregnancy brain right now!

I took progesterone suppositories twice daily until about 9 weeks. Any symptoms I had (fatigue and mild cramping mostly) I just chalked up to pregnancy symptoms and honestly would not know how to recognize the difference. Occasionally if the leakage from the suppository gets to the urethra, that area would get a bit irritated and I had one episode of spotting a drop of red blood (as diarymomma said, progesterone can irritate the cervix) but really nothing big. Best of luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->