Anyone taking aspirin 75mg?

sammie13s

Reaction score
Iv been prescribed it due to being high risk but if I'm being honest I haven't took it because I'm scared. On the pack it says aspirin 75mg dispersable. But not sure what that means or how to take it. X

Not yet but once I see my MW i'll be prescribed it.

I want to know the ins and outs and the actual benefit of taking it before I take it.

I don't like taking things unless its really needed.

I took it my first pregnancy from week 16 I have high bmi so thought it would help I never had gd or Preclamsia sorry for spelling so it could have helped I was going to take it this time but just did not so I'll see what happens I think I should have taken it but my hospital has not gone with nice guild lines yet so I would have just been taking it and telling them I was taking it x

My daughter died of servere iugr and my consultant has prescribed it me but I'm just to scared to take it incase something bad happens to me :(

My daughter had IUGR as well, so in my son's pregnancy I took low-dose aspirin the entire time, and even though he came early, he was 6lbs 11oz and super healthy! I'm now taking it again this pregnancy. My OB said that she won't be surprised if OBs start prescribing it to everyone right along with their prenatal because of all the benefits it has. :flower:

My daughter had IUGR as well, so in my son's pregnancy I took low-dose aspirin the entire time, and even though he came early, he was 6lbs 11oz and super healthy! I'm now taking it again this pregnancy. My OB said that she won't be surprised if OBs start prescribing it to everyone right along with their prenatal because of all the benefits it has. :flower:
How do I take it though ? Xx

So do I not have to put it in a glass of water ? Did you have any side affects? X

Nope, you just swallow it. And it didn't give me any side-affects. (And the bonus is that it's actually a small enough pill that I don't gag on it like I do with everything else! :haha:)

Dissolve it in water and always take it after eating. Aspirin can be nasty if taken regularly on an empty stomach, dissolving it can make it a little less harsh x

I have a blood clotting disorder - but regardless, I take a baby aspirin every single day!! BIG FAN!

I took it last night for the first time . I dissolved it in water . I was told to take it at night. I don't no if it's because I got worked up about taking it but I felt my heart was doing funny rythems. Would it of been the tablet or me? X

I take it after having recurrent miscarriages, even though my tests for a blood clotting disorder came back negative doctor thinks there would be some benefit to taking it. Also had pre eclampsia with dd so it's likely I would have been on this anyway. If your doctor has prescribed it then it's likely the benefits outweigh any side effects. I've never had any side effects from it, it's such a low dose I can't imagine you'd get heart palpitations that quickly off it, it's probably just because you were anxious about taking it.

I don't take meds at all. I suffer through the pain cos I know it goes away. Aspirin is the only meds I agree to take cos I wanted to succeed this cycle and we did.:happydance:

I am 4w5days pregnant and I take 100mg enteric coated aspirin.
My 3 embryos had failed to implant so we tried this time with aspirin and assisted hatching. We'll never know which one helped. I was tested for the blood disorder, I was fine.
I take enteric coated tablet with food and water cos it protects your stomach. Enteric coated will not dissolve in the stomach but it will in the intestines. Acid reflux and stomach erosion could be the side effects. Aspirin can thin your intestines and banana will thicken so I suggest eating one banana a day.

I have to take baby aspirin too due to recurrent mcs... All through ttc not just in pregnancy :)

I take it every day due to RMC, I just dissolve it in a small glass of OJ every morning. Had a sore tummy first couple of weeks, but have no problems now.

I took 75mg aspirin daily throughout my pregnancy with my son due to recurrent miscarriages as well as clexane injections (blood thinners) due to blood clotting resulting in my past miscarriages it's a wonder drug and resulted in me having a healthy baby boy I'm also taking it again daily in this pregnancy as well. No side effects and swallow whole every morning!

Dissolve it in a small amount of water,less than 50ml and down it, after a meal. If it's been prescribed then there is a reason for it.

Thankyou all for the comments. Mine says dissolve in water and take after food or on an empty stomach x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->