Anyone Taking Xenical?

Chello

Reaction score
:hi: Hiya Ladies.
Hope everyone is well! I just thought i would start a new thread off about Xenical Diet Tablets, is anyone on them on here? Myself and my partner have been trying for a baby for 18 months or so now but we're going to stop trying for 6 months so that i can lose weight! So went to the doctors this morning and she's starting me on Xenical, and also going to see a Dietitian just for more support. I feel sad that we're holding back trying now but i guess its only 6 months. So please get intouch if your doing the same.

Take Care

Chello

me lol, just had my 2 week check up and lost 8 pounds :D

Oh wow! Well done you.. I need to find someone to keep me going i think, and to share low fat recipies etc.. Could you help me? lol x

Sure :) Be nice having some one helping you along x

Thats very true! I have been on these before but for some reason im dreading it this time, i think its because i know what to expect.x

Hahaha atleast you was warned, I darent trump anymore!! Are you on fb? x

OMG! Its bad... Have you found when you need to go you have got to quick? Oh my days im not looking forward to that! I was on fb but have come off it for abit as im getting fed up of all crap that goes on there lol x

my tummy is actually getting better with it, i dont have to run all of a sudden to the loo like before! i can go out in public with out fearing an accident lol.

hello... ive been on them since around christmas time and ive lost just under 4 stone. I have 5 stone to go... i have been sticking to it again for 2 weeks but had 2 months before that where i was on and off and only lost 4 pounds a month.. since getting back on track ive lost nearly a stone in the past two weeks... how you getting on with it x

I have lost 13lbs this month, for my first month on them i am so proud of my self :D

Hiya can I join in please :)

I have started these again with my DH so were in it together now. I am trying to be as strict as possible too. I would love to share ideas with each other too. Well done Jenny and Emma! It just shows that it works :)

Heres to the slimmer us!

Of course you can :)

Got weigh in next week and the doctor has sorted me out getting a weight managment trainer to help with diet and fitness plans!

My doctor has too sorted this out for me. I start in about 2 weeks now as there is a waiting list. Hopefully I should have shifted a few lbs before then :)

Hiya, Well its been a month already since starting the tablets! Time has gone so quick.. I have been doing really well with only 4 bad days but i did pay for them lol.. I have got my appointment on the 18th to see my dietition so i dont how much i weigh yet and will only know how much i have lost when i see them the 2nd time. But i did take a picture the day i started then took another one yesterday and the results... well ... im very proud!!. If you can get hold of the Alli diet plan book, do because theres so many nice meals init and theres a chocolate marshmellow crispies you can make for only 2g of fat per square!! I have been living off marshmellows when i have a sweet tooth as there low in fat and calories, i have also found drinking sparking water with each meal helps to make me feel fuller. Well done girls keep it up!! xxx

i would like to try these but im scared of the effects!!! My friends poo'ed herself!

i would like to try these but im scared of the effects!!! My friends poo'ed herself!

I fear your friend didn't follow the Xenical rules...

No single food to have more than 5g of fat per 100g
And no more than 15g of fat total in every meal.

Stick to those simple rules, and there will be NO side-effects - I promise :thumbup:

They are like 'policeman pills' - if you break the rules, there are unpleasant consequences :winkwink:

You can 'experiment' with some foods that are just over the 5g per 100g rule...but it is safest to do that when you'll be somewhere for the next 24 hrs where you can deal with any side effects the 'experiment' might cause...i.e. home !

For instance, egg yolk is around 7-8g F per 100g....someXenical peeps can eat it with no problems, and others pay heavily with side-effects.

Using Xenical I successfully lost a fair bit of weight very quickly, for an operation (with NO side-effects, not one!)....and I occasionally do a week or so of the magic blue pills to give myself a kick-start (have a few months spare in my pill cupboard)...but I find the 'healthy eating' plans of weight watchers etc to be more sustainable in the long-term.

I fear your friend didn't follow the Xenical rules...

No single food to have more than 5g of fat per 100g
And no more than 15g of fat total in every meal.

Stick to those simple rules, and there will be NO side-effects - I promise :thumbup:

They are like 'policeman pills' - if you break the rules, there are unpleasant consequences :winkwink:

You can 'experiment' with some foods that are just over the 5g per 100g rule...but it is safest to do that when you'll be somewhere for the next 24 hrs where you can deal with any side effects the 'experiment' might cause...i.e. home !

For instance, egg yolk is around 7-8g F per 100g....someXenical peeps can eat it with no problems, and others pay heavily with side-effects.

Using Xenical I successfully lost a fair bit of weight very quickly, for an operation (with NO side-effects, not one!)....and I occasionally do a week or so of the magic blue pills to give myself a kick-start (have a few months spare in my pill cupboard)...but I find the 'healthy eating' plans of weight watchers etc to be more sustainable in the long-term.

Yes your right, i was on these 6 years ago and i didnt stick to the rules, but now i have my place i can ccok my own meals which is great! I havent had no bad side effects, but i do know that if i eat more than 30g fat in one day i'll pay for it so i stick to a very low fat intake lol... I do have two pics to put up and im scared too! I took a pic the day i started then took another one this wekk as its been a month, but i look like crap in them lol xxx

I was just wondering what the 'criteria' as it were for your doctor putting you on these pills as i am considering going to my doctor about my weight soon.
I hope that didn't seem too personal!

I think they do a check on the BMI and weight that you are, not sure if all doctors are the same though but I'm assuming that if your BMI is healthy they won't give it to you

I was just wondering what the 'criteria' as it were for your doctor putting you on these pills as i am considering going to my doctor about my weight soon.
I hope that didn't seem too personal!

Found this info via Google.

The NICE guidelines for the UK:

The drug [Xenical] has been recommended for use with the following caveats:

• The patient must be trying to lose weight themselves by using diet and exercise, and demonstrate this by losing at least 2.5 kg before their first prescription.
  • They must have a BMI in excess of 30, or a BMI in excess of 28 which additional risk factors, such as Type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol or hypertension.
  • They should be obese (a BMI of 30 or more) or overweight (a BMI of 27 or more with other risk factors including high cholesterol or type II diabetes).
  • They should only continue to be prescribed Xenical after 3 months of treatment if they have lost at least 5% of their initial body weight, and should only continue to be prescribed Xenical at 6 months if they have lost at least 10% of their initial body weight.

In any event, treatment should usually be stopped after one year and never continued after two years.

HTH :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->